Interesting Fake Ted Williams 1992 Upper Deck Auto /2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Just thought I'd throw this on here:

Fake:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-UPPER-DECK-TED-WILLIAMS-BASEBALL-HEROES-AUTO-789-2500-/330818185591?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4d064ce977
$(KGrHqR,!lgFBl-ZuLVSBQbPVtoM0!~~60_57.jpg

Real:
$(KGrHqR,!nwFB(kY25gwBQ,HDMu7kw~~60_57.jpg

Where it really gets interesting is the back. There's an unsigned version of this card and the back looks like this:
back.jpg
Notice the hologram is in the shape of a baseball field.

The authentic autograph card's hologram is in the shape of a diamond (square rotated 45 degrees):
$T2eC16F,!zcE9s4g0uu-BQGFTkbMC!~~60_57.jpg

Here's the back of the fake:
$(KGrHqR,!gwF!g6Qq(zfBQbPVtvTbQ~~60_57.jpg

Be careful out there.

Nah. If people are going to spend their money without doing their homework, it's not my obligation to stop them. Doesn't mean it's not a bad idea to report it though.

Must have been removed, ebay link didn't work.

Could have been taken down by the Ted Williams company (or whatever it's called). Through the vero program, the Ripken organization took down a questionable auto I put on ebay.

If someone is in the market for a Ted Williams autograph and even considers this autograph as real......they certainly didn't do their homework. They don't deserve to be ripped off, but spending the type of money to secure a certified auto of Teddy warrants some extra research.

Tim