International Shipping and eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackatl

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hey guys,

Today, I sold something on eBay but I noticed that the buyer is in Taiwan. I clearly state in my auctions that I only ship to the United States, and he does not appear to have a U.S. shipping address. What should I do? His feedback is 100% positive, but I have just heard of so many people burned on selling internationally. But I worry if I don't sell it to him, he is going to hit me with a negative, even though the auction clearly states no international shipping. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jack

i do ship internationally and have never had a problem with doing so even using basic international first class mail instead of the much more expensive priority or express mail.....

that said , it's entirely up to you whether to follow through on the sale or not...if you don't want to do so , i'd recommend contacting the buyer .... politely let him know that you do not ship outside the US and ask if he would be willing to cancel the transaction....

one other thing i would DEFINITELY recommend if you prefer not to ship worldwide : next time you list an item , look near the bottom of the submission form (just below the area for shipping) and you'll see a section titled "other things you'd like buyers to know".....in that section you should see "buyer requirements".....click the button to "change buyer requirements" and you will then be able to choose to block buyer that "have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to".....you could change that for all your existing auctions by editing in bulk and of course make it your default for all new items you list....

cmc's right request to cancle but if not then possibly mail it off certified, but foreighn mail thats not any garentee at all. if its of any value you could just negate the sale and deal with it where ever the cards fall.