IP Rangers/Reds/Bears oh my...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Finally did some Ip graphing over the weekend. First let me preface this with I did have a good time.It's fun to hang out with the guys and catch some baseball.That being said,after my experience on Friday, I have to reevaluate how much graphing I plan to do in the future here in Arlington. With temperatures in the 100s, the amount of graphers for the Reds at least 200, I would describe the experience almost akin to being in "Thunderdome".(points for the Mad Max people that understand that one.) It was crazy. Just chaos. And really not a pleasant experience.Sure I got some good autos, but that's not really the point. If you don't thoroughly enjoy it, why go out there? Anyway, I digress......

Chris Speier 3 cards
Dusty Baker 3 cards
Cesar Izturis 1 card
David Murphy 2 cards
Jeff Brantley
Engel Beltre
Sam Lecure
2441eedb-c904-4190-9090-624fb7fc5d73_zpsac6311fc.jpg
Sean Marshall
Jonathan Broxton(got him and Marshall after the game as they walked to their rental car)
Bronson Arroyo
Joey Votto
Chris Welsh 5 cards(thx to Arron for getting me a couple extras)
2971e7b0-0a86-4c75-aecc-b308f6f16415_zps89b35aad.jpg
Saturday was the exact opposite of my experience at the Rangers game. Of course it was b/c it's an indy minor league team that maybe draws 500 fans a game. I went b/c Newark was in town. I was the only person graphing. Talk about night and day. Plus free ticket, free parking, can't beat that....sorry i didnt scan..ill scan these and update tomorrow

Garry Templeton 8/8 before game 7/7 after..77t, 81 d,f 82 t,d,f 83 t,f 85f 86t 87t,f 88f 89t 90t
Also got a game used cracked bat after the game. It's a generic one(33'' black demarini) so I can use it for someone to sign at a later date.
Brian Myrow(for Spencer)
Micah Gibbs(for Arron)
will be seeing Wichita this week again.
long weekend..hopefully the crowd of graphers was more due to the Reds first visit here in years...if not, I'm not sure I'll be doing this as often as I'd like.I'd rather watch a game and not get autos, then get cross-checked in the back hockey-style for a signed card.

thanks for reading
Chris

Who says this isn't a contact hobby!

I have found that I'm doing more minor league games than going into Cleveland.
I'd rather have a kid get excited over a photo I took then come back to ask if I would forward the image file to their father's email than have a MLBer "play deaf" for only 4-5 graphers (30 seconds of their time) while they stand there for 2-3 minutes waiting for a taxi... and we are talking the utility infielder!

The biggest reason for my preference for the minors is that the MLBers draw the dealers and that's where you find the real idiots. Some are respectable but most will run you over, elbow through the crowd, but the worst is when they get mouthy with the players who turn us down (that helps!).

200 people for the Reds? Seriously?
It's not like they are the MLB-leading Pirates or anything! :D

Last edited:
You should see the hotels in NY. Dealers hire people to graph that have no idea who anyone is, and are trying to get blank piece of photo paper signed and will push and shove so they can make their $10.

It's hard to tell who has the OCD and who is selling when they get pissed that a guy doesn't sign, or that the player signed for others and not them, and lord help you if you get pushed into one of these graphers or reach over them as you are jockeying for position.

Some will get their auto and just stay there and try to double and triple up instead of getting out of the way.

It ruins the experience. Sometimes you try the hotels b/c the access at a MLB park is restricted to the few who have the expensive seats.

With so many people out there graphing on cosignment or actually getting paid to be there, the behavior is increasingly atrocious.

Last edited:
Agreed...i would do more minors but it's just a lot farther for me to drive to Frisco with traffic, tolls, etc...Rangers are 10 mins from my house and I happen to get free tickets a lot which gives me more incentive to go(also usually dont pay to park).. .When Brinson, Williams, Alfaro, Gallo, etc make their way to Frisco, I'm sure I will go up there more...

Metrotheme, you are very correct. The double and triple dipping for Votto was very apparent.The dealers posted up with their 16x20s..The kids of the dealers also there.you would think those kids would be playing baseball; but nope, they are there every day, helping dad load up on others. The hotels here are hard to gain access to and also not that close to me. I have definitely noticed behavior to become exponentially obnoxious just in the last 2 years.
Btw here are the Templetons and the bat i got
templeton_zps3d2aa777.jpg
084099ca-9e20-492b-8a73-19fff525e766_zps0ad1f298.jpg

Agree on the Minors point. I have two kids who are into the autographs and now even they prefer minors games. They love the interaction with the players and they then follow that player and think it's cool when they get promoted within the system. They just got a kick out of Wilmer Font going from Frisco AA to Round Rock AAA because they got his auto in Frisco this year and Wilmer actually interacted with them. They had similar interactions at Spring Training with the minor league guys. You cant get that at a MLB game.

Ya I went to a Frisco game this year and it was very very enjoyable. Font, Mendez,Rowen Springer,Asher etc were super nice and the access you have is awesome. I just hate driving to Frisco :)

Sorry to hear it was like Thunderdome. I know what you mean, Chris. I don't like going when there are a ton of graphers, either. Usually, the hot, steamy weather keeps them away, but I guess not this time. Glad you had such a great haul, though! That Votto looks great! Congrats on all those Templetons, too!