• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

Is it summer yet???

SymphonicMetal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I just cut my lawn for the final time this year on Saturday....Now I have to dig out my snow shovel. We were told that it would be no more than 3".... we have already coasted past that total and there is still more on the way....

It isn't even Thanksgiving yet...and I already hate winter this year......

I was able to mow my lawn only once since Columbus Day because of the excessive amount of rain this Fall. The Winter storm you speak of just started here about 4:30 PM. They are calling for up to 14" here and even more West of me.

My friendly deer is going to be quite hungry with this snow cover. Luckily, I have a bag of apples to give her. She really pulled through last Winter and her injured hind leg looks to be pretty much healed.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Fires to the North of us and fires to the South....Nice places with trees and views...but not to live in or around. Best regards, David PS don't live in areas with tons of trees and areas of high winds......most of the fires in the past (last year) were caused by our power companies!

When that perspective becomes available, all of a sudden snow isn't all that bad - as Symphonic stated - this has been one of the wettest spring/summers in this area in a long time, many parts of the country would probably love 10-20% of what we have gotten.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
It is in the teens here right now, with wind chill probably close to single digits. This just two days after I played 18 holes of golf in shorts on Sunday. And I will take that. It can be cold/snowy/wintery from Monday to early Saturday - as long as it breaks on Sunday mornings so I can golf, I can live with that.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Time to resurrect this thread...it was 65 degrees yesterday and I couldn't have been happier!! It is 33 degrees out right now and the first snowflakes have started to fall.

The AL/NL MVP's haven't even been announced yet, and I am ready for pitchers/catchers to report and than in quick order, summer to arrive! I am NOT a cold weather person!

tglg

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Same here in St. Louis. Sunday was 70, Monday evening it was 12 and we had 3-4 inches of snowfall. Today the high is 17. UGH!!!

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Winter time....temp high in the 60's and lows in 40's
Woke up this morning to go play golf...we got a coating of snow overnight. Apparently the weather guessers around here missed that showing up on the old Doppler 5000.

So I cut the grass for the last time yesterday, and if I wanted to, could go shovel snow this morning. Hoping that the sun comes out and just melts it off, not ready to shovel snow yet.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
All winter means is my brother down in Georgia calling me and asking me about the weather and him telling me it's in the 70s or whatever down there. Man I wanna just kick him in the nuts when he does that.