Is my friend going to make money or lose money?

TJCloutier

5.00 star(s)
I'm selling this Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers autographed album. It's framed and everything, looks nice. She said she bought it for $250 for his ex bf but they broke up so she wanted it sold on eBay. I had it listed for her at $99.99.... I know it'll get at least one bid but does anyone know how much albums go for? I'll provide a link but I'm not looking to gain auction exposure... just looking to know what I can tell her she'll be expecting. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360186977335&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

chief wahoo

5.00 star(s)
I would suggest checking completed eBay auctions of Petty autos to see what is reasonable. $250 seems high to me, but there may be $50 or so in the price just to cover the framing.

Tim Carroll

5.00 star(s)
How much do you think she'll get though? So I can tell her her losses

Approximately lose $136.16, and that is if you are picking up the ebay fees. If she pays ebay fees, the TimCarrollEstimation Calculator is showing that she will lose $142.39. This is just the free version of my services. If your friend wants to upgrade and hear even more advice, that will cost her an extra $5.99 per month (plus a one-time sign up fee of $19.99).

Tim

Last edited:

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Approximately lose $136.16, and that is if you are picking up the ebay fees. If she pays ebay fees, the TimCarrollEstimation Calculator is showing that she will lose $142.39. This is just the free version of my services. If your friend wants to upgrade and hear even more advice, that will cost her an extra $5.99 per month (plus a one-time sign up fee of $19.99).

Tim

That was great.

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)

Tim

Now thats some funny stuff for sure. If she paid $250 for a auto Petty she has alot of money to burn lol

stephj24

4.90 star(s)
Staff member

Tim

Post of the year right here, ladies and gentlemen!

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
"She said she bought it for $250 for his ex bf but they broke up so she wanted it sold on eBay."

Sounds like he/she bought it to me.

not really it was like a christmas gift or something. Anyway, ha funny about the tim services, stick to Art funny guy :p

As far as value, I don't follow that type of thing, but it seems high. It reminds me of something baseball that someone inexperienced/unknowledgeable would buy at one of those mall memorabilia stores...decent item, but WAY overpriced for what you get. You never know though. All it takes are two people who really want it for the price to take off.

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
If she paid $250, she probably got it from SkyMall or one of those kind of magazines that sell odd bits of memorabilia and autographed items for 300% their market value.

abncal

5.00 star(s)
wow the TimCarrolEstimation Calculator seems pretty cool, but I'd rather stimulate the economy with my money towards something else.... maybe canned cheese? :p

cdahlk2001

5.00 star(s)
OMG and you had the chance for the famous "broke up w/ cheating boyfriend! now i sell his stuff!" ugh thats the selling point there! sheesh!

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)

Tim

if ebay hears of this and you can somehow link it to paypal then they might buy you out for a zillion bucks paid fully in 1990 Donruss cards.

jlzinck

5.00 star(s)
Uber-lose.

The "bid" is from a member with a feedback of 1 and I am assuming it is a shill. But that's just me.