Is there something to be learned here-EBAY sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
As I was searching EBAY for some cards tonight,to buy, I noticed over and over that the bigger name BAY store that have 20,000 -27,000 cards listed in their store have a set price with no "best offer" option and shipping is consistently at $3.00. when i checked there feedback, they are ebay top rated sellers that get on average 700-800 ebay transactions per month.(so they are doing pretty good!) i then noticed that medium size sellers that have about 1,000- 2,000 items in their EBAY store have a "best offer" option on their listings wit FREE shipping, however their feedback scores per month average only 100-200 feedbacks/transactions at most per month.(so they are doing just OK in sales) for both scenarios they are selling cards with an average sale price of $4-5 (so not high end cards) so qith that background is it better to be like the big sellers and list a TON, charge for shipping and dont have a "best offer" option? or is it better to be like the smaller sellers and not have much listed, offer FEE shipping on everything and have a "best offer" option on your items? would be very interested to hear your guys thoughts on this. thanks in advance for your thoughts, opinion/ advice on this.

The first thing I thought of as I read this was that if I had 20,000+ items on, I'd hate to have to deal with offers.

great point! one time i had a ton listed and in one day i got about 30 offers all for about $2-3 (on cards with a buy it now price of $20.00+) at first it was a complete waste of time sending counteroffers as i never heard back from the buyers when i sent a "reasonable" counter offer. eventually sue to the volume of "unreasonable" offers i was getting in daily, i just started ignoring/not responding to the low ball offers.

The thing to keep in mind is that $3 is for the first item; there is probably only a small shipping charge on additional cards. Sometimes a person can get a better "+ shipping" deal buying multiple items from a large seller than buying with free shipping from a smaller one (or more than one smaller one).