Isn't the trade manager wrong?

bigwallastyle

5.00 star(s)
Somebody help me out. If I'm reading this correctly:

Received / You Sent

At times, the trade manager seemingly reflects only my end of the trade as the "received" in this case was entered from the other trader. If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't the second part of the message be pertaining to the other trader or is it doing that with poor grammar? Shouldn't it say, "They sent?" I have wondered this for awhile. To me, when I glance at my trade manager, it looks like I have received the cards and the other trader is waiting for mine to arrive which is the exact opposite of what has actually happened. Mods, work your magic...

If I may make a suggestion, why don't we delete the "you" and just have it as "sent" both ways. Can we have our part of the trade always appear first or second instead of mixing them up. I just find myself going back over trades to make sure I have really sent stuff or received it which consumes time I could be looking at your wantlists to see how I could help you out.;)

Thanks.

Tom

bigwallastyle

5.00 star(s)
OK, if that is right (and that's the way I read it by the way), then why does the other person say received then? Aren't both of them commenting on what I have done? Shouldn't one of the comments reflect the actions of the other party involved? If they marked received, why does it say that I sent the cards? They have already arrived. What I would like to see is the other parteis actions such as "they sent" or something of that nature. I just think this whole process could be much clearer for everyone and when you geta lot of trades in your manager, it becomes unclear to me as to what I have actually done and have not without looking directly at the messages. Not being critical- I just think it could be improved.

Tom

The "you sent" means that you (Tom) entered the send date in Trade Manager.

cardcollector01

4.90 star(s)
If im not mistaken, Before the / is you, and after the / is the other trader. So in this case, if it says

Received/You Sent

You have received your end, while you sent out the other traders end and they havent marked it as received yet.

Robbie

bigwallastyle

5.00 star(s)
I didn't mark it received though. The other trader has. My date is not yet filled in. I have sent and they have received. I don't know for sure if they have sent unless the "you sent" after the slash means them. That's what I'm trying to clarify.

Tom

If im not mistaken, Before the / is you, and after the / is the other trader. So in this case, if it says

Received/You Sent

You have received your end, while you sent out the other traders end and they havent marked it as received yet.

Robbie

bigwallastyle

5.00 star(s)
Here is the trade as I'm seeing it (minus the cards and the trader's address). See what you think. I find it unclear.

Here is what the trade manager says:

Received / You Sent

181159 Trade Confirmed

Posted By:
Idigbbcards10

Post Date:
07-11-2010

Additional Trader:
Confirm Date:
bigwallastyle 07-12-2010

bigwallastyle receives from Idigbbcards10:

Idigbbcards10 receives from bigwallastyle:

Mailing Address for Idigbbcards10:

Shipping Tracker for bigwallastyle
Mail Date: DC Number:

Notes:

Idigbbcards10 Received Date: bigwallastyle Received Date:
07-14-2010

Please rate Idigbbcards10
5=Excellent
Packaging 1 2 3 4 5
Delivery Time 1 2 3 4 5
Communication 1 2 3 4 5
Condition (as described) 1 2 3 4 5

The rating you enter for this trader is confidential.

cardcollector01

4.90 star(s)
Yeah, thats what I explained.

You have marked your end as received, which is where the "Received" comes from.

You mailed the other traders end out, and documented it in the TM. Thats where the "You Sent" comes from. When they mark their end as received, it will display "Received/Received" in your TM.

Robbie

bigwallastyle

5.00 star(s)
I didn't mark mine received. IdigBBCards did. The space under mine is empty.

Yeah, thats what I explained.

You have marked your end as received, which is where the "Received" comes from.

You mailed the other traders end out, and documented it in the TM. Thats where the "You Sent" comes from. When they mark their end as received, it will display "Received/Received" in your TM.

Robbie

baseball24

5.00 star(s)
I've noticed this as well. It should say Received/You Sent when I receive and I have sent but the other trader hasn't received, however it says Received/You Sent when the other trader receives and I haven't received yet.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Here is the trade as I'm seeing it (minus the cards and the trader's address). See what you think. I find it unclear.

Here is what the trade manager says:

Received / You Sent

181159 Trade Confirmed

Posted By:
Idigbbcards10

Post Date:
07-11-2010

Additional Trader:
Confirm Date:
bigwallastyle 07-12-2010

bigwallastyle receives from Idigbbcards10:

Idigbbcards10 receives from bigwallastyle:

Mailing Address for Idigbbcards10:

Shipping Tracker for bigwallastyle
Mail Date: DC Number:

Notes:

Idigbbcards10 Received Date: bigwallastyle Received Date:
07-14-2010

Please rate Idigbbcards10
5=Excellent
Packaging 1 2 3 4 5
Delivery Time 1 2 3 4 5
Communication 1 2 3 4 5
Condition (as described) 1 2 3 4 5

The rating you enter for this trader is confidential.

That shows that the other trader has received the cards you sent. It won't show up in the TM when the other trader has marked their end as "sent". I'm pretty sure that is just for you to keep up with what you have sent and what you haven't.

bigwallastyle

5.00 star(s)
Doesn't it seem redundant? Why don't we mark each side for each trader? Wouldn't it be beneficial to see exactly what is going on?

Just suggestions.

Tom

That shows that the other trader has received the cards you sent. It won't show up in the TM when the other trader has marked their end as "sent". I'm pretty sure that is just for you to keep up with what you have sent and what you haven't.

bigwallastyle

5.00 star(s)
Really what I want is for it not to be confusing when you look at the trade manager. For instance, over the last day or two, I have made about 15 trades and with my kids interrupting me, wife's to-do's etc, I lose track of where I am in the trade packaging/ which have I marked received etc. I find myself looking back at all of the trades on an individual basis because the trade manager doesn't accurately reflect where I am in the trade process. On this trade, it looks like I have received the cards when I actually haven't. On other trades, it just says "received" without a note as to whether I have sent yet or not. I find myself wasting quite a bit of time looking back at trades individually to see what is what. It's not a huge deal but I know there has to be a better way and that I can't be the only one who is confused. I'm just suggesting we try to improve this system for everyone.

Tom

What exactly are you wanting? To know when the other member sent?