Just passed my Comptia A+ certification tests!!!

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone since I just passed my Comptia A+ computer certifications (2009 edition)! I'm glad I took them now and not right after school since I know way more after a couple years in the field. The nice part about getting them before 2010 is over is that you are grandfathered in and don't have to retake them every 3 years.

Thanks for looking,

Jeremy

robert326

4.90 star(s)
Whoa, sweet! My IT colleague was just telling me earlier today that he's trying to pass his certification too. Congrats Jeremy!

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
Thanks everyone! I studied for about 2 weeks nonstop, I can't tell you how sick of practice exams I am right now! If anyone here is taking it or know someone who is I would recommend the Sybex A+ book and practice test CD for the 220-701 and 220-702, most of the practice questions from the cd were similar on the test.

Jeremy

DaClyde

5.00 star(s)
Congrats! Passed mine about 12 yrs ago, the first test after they'd eliminated all the old Mac questions :). Lots of DOS, Win98 and NT questions.

Next week my whole department is going to Security+ training, wish me luck!

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
Congrats! Passed mine about 12 yrs ago, the first test after they'd eliminated all the old Mac questions :). Lots of DOS, Win98 and NT questions.

Next week my whole department is going to Security+ training, wish me luck!

Thanks Cheif!

Good luck on the Security+ Clyde. Thankfully the 2009 objectives don't have anything before Windows 2000, of which there was only 3 or 4 questions, a lot of Vista though which helped me. I am thinking of going for the Network+ now that I have A+, we'll see.

premium1981

5.00 star(s)
Congratulations! I know how hard that must have been. That was one of the first college books I had to purchase, and it completely blew my mind when I started flipping through it. Reward yourself with a box of cards, because that was no easy task.

jrchoholic83

5.00 star(s)
Congratulations! I know how hard that must have been. That was one of the first college books I had to purchase, and it completely blew my mind when I started flipping through it. Reward yourself with a box of cards, because that was no easy task.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words. It's always nice to work hard for something and acheiving it is even better!

Craig, I may buy a Mookie, haven't found any yet, but I learn from the best and check daily. If I can't find a Mookie I may get a box since it has been a LONG time since I had a box break.

Jeremy