katester44 2018 TTM Success Thread

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
First return of 2018 in the mailbox today. Another success from the 2017 A/G set. PGA Tour pro - Ollie Schneiderjans. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come in terms of TTM in 2018.

Thanks for looking!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
A couple more showed up in the mailbox this week. Both from the MLB Network insert set. Hoping this is a sign of things to come that the personalities are getting caught up on their mail. Only downside is that so many of these cards have the guys in dark suits, the signature barely shows up. Shame they didn't use a gold or silver sharpie, but no complaining! They signed and sent back!!

Joel Sherman

Matt Yallof

Thanks for looking!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Another return from the MLB Network insert set - Tom Verducci. Included a nice note as well - hoping a couple more of the MLB folks find their way to the mailbox in the near future!

Thanks for looking!

Boots

5.00 star(s)
That's great!
Congrats!

Boots
Another return from the MLB Network insert set - Tom Verducci. Included a nice note as well - hoping a couple more of the MLB folks find their way to the mailbox in the near future!

Thanks for looking!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Been quite some time since my last success.

Another golfer showed up in the mail box - Masters Champion Danny Willett. Signed 3 cards and a magazine, unfortunately, the magazine wasn't mine, it was someone elses, so may have to pop that one in the mail and surprise someone.

Also got a return from Jayson Stark - didn't sign anything and used the return envelope - would have preferred he just put return to sender on the outside envelope so I could reuse the return envelope again.....

Thanks for looking.

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
Been quite some time since my last success.

Another golfer showed up in the mail box - Masters Champion Danny Willett. Signed 3 cards and a magazine, unfortunately, the magazine wasn't mine, it was someone elses, so may have to pop that one in the mail and surprise someone.

Also got a return from Jayson Stark - didn't sign anything and used the return envelope - would have preferred he just put return to sender on the outside envelope so I could reuse the return envelope again.....

Thanks for looking.

Believe it or not,I was at that game where Willett threw out the first pitch. That's pretty awesome.

Last edited:

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
Very cool! I like the First Pitch cards for getting signed, problem is that so many of the featured folks are tough to get through the mail.

Didn't even know the card existed before you posted it. When I get back and going I'll have to snag a few of those. May have to hit you up for his address as well. Have a Happy Easter Andy.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Finally a little something in the mail box....LPGA Major Champion Stacy Lewis. She is an awesome signer!

Sound like a broken record, but just don't send enough out to expect returns very often. Hopefully work will let up a bit and can get some volume in the mail here in the near future!

Thanks for looking!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Had a couple come in this week:

1 - Jay Glazer - analyst for fox sports football. another success from the 2017 A/G run. Still waiting on maybe three or four more that I sent out on that one.

2 - Patrick Reed - two returns from the current Masters champion - only regret is that it doesn't have Master Champion or Captain America inscribed, but no complaints at all.

Thanks for looking!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Not technically a TTM return - but it is an autograph... Picked a couple of BenchWarmer autograph cards up a couple years ago in a purchase from another Bench member, been trying to figure out what to do with them, how to display them. It seemed like it needed something more than a penny sleeve or a slot in a 3 ring notebook.

I think it turned out pretty cool - and hopefully will be able to get a couple more done.

Thanks for looking.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Finally...a return!! Have never seen anything from The Weather Channel on trading cards. Took the opportunity that presented itself with two cards from 2018 A/G, that were "weather phenomenon" and took a chance sending out to weather personalities.

First one back is from Alexandra Wilson who does Weather Underground on TWC. Hopefully this will kick start the returns!

Thanks for looking!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Finally...another one finds its way home..Two time Masters Champion -- Bubba Watson.

For those that remember it, I now have 3 of the 4 Golf Boys - only need to pick up Ben Crane to round out the foursome. The PGA/LPGA has been very good to me in terms of returns, just wish there was more stuff out there for the LPGA. On the plus side, just saw that the Womens US Open will be returning to Lancaster Country Club in 2024, will most definitely be hitting it up again for autos and as many pics as possible!

Thanks for looking!