LET US ALL SHOW SUPPORT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcgwirenut

All-Star
4.90 star(s)
i have gotten just recently into watching box / pack breaks on football and baseball on youtube and tiktok. i recognized a name that looked real familiar on tiktok.... our very own bench member MECHJO16 .... watching these videos helps me get a idea of the product and if i would be interested in getting boxes / packs. i know some people may not agree with the background music on some of these " breaks " but if it bothers them they could turn sound down in my opinion. i am starting this thread for all of you tiktokers and youtubers to put you name in here so that we ALL can help support the hobbies and EACH OTHER.

THANKS MECHJO16 FOR YOUR TIKTOKS I REALLY LIKE WATCHING THEM

STEVE

Thanks Steve... I try to do various types of music to touch on various individuals taste..

Always open to suggestions 😃

i have gotten just recently into watching box / pack breaks on football and baseball on youtube and tiktok. i recognized a name that looked real familiar on tiktok.... our very own bench member MECHJO16 .... watching these videos helps me get a idea of the product and if i would be interested in getting boxes / packs. i know some people may not agree with the background music on some of these " breaks " but if it bothers them they could turn sound down in my opinion. i am starting this thread for all of you tiktokers and youtubers to put you name in here so that we ALL can help support the hobbies and EACH OTHER.

THANKS MECHJO16 FOR YOUR TIKTOKS I REALLY LIKE WATCHING THEM

STEVE
I am not a you tube or tiktok watcher, unless someone links a video that I have a specific interest in. I am firmly an old school collector, who uses technology as I need to (paypal, ebay, COMC, etc) to function in the hobby now, but I will always prefer a card shop or show instead of online buying (despite getting much better exposure online). I realize I am being left behind, but that is fine by me.

I did want to comment on this though, since you mentioned it and it has been brewing in my mind, but not worthy of my own post. I was directed by a childhood friend who recently got back into collecting, to whatnot or whatapp or whatever the card site is that uses live videos for selling. The music in the background of ALL users annoyed me to no end, to the point where I stopped going to the site. I guess if it was music I liked, that might be a different story, but nearly all of them were not playing music I liked. I realize silence and random babble by a poster may not be the best background for a video, but random music isn't either in my opinion. I'd rather have silence, but as I noted, I am not the target audience.

Curious, since clearly it is a "thing" now...what do others think about it?

I'm anti breaker and will never bother with whatnot app. I enjoy trading the cards I don't want for ones I do, and getting a good deal on ebay here and there. I think grading modern cards is just a waste of money. Crazy that now if a card is mint(9) that isn't good enough. Has to be gem mint 10!! We've all heard stories of guys cracking an 8, resubmit and it comes back a 10 lol

I'm anti breaker and will never bother with whatnot app. I enjoy trading the cards I don't want for ones I do, and getting a good deal on ebay here and there. I think grading modern cards is just a waste of money. Crazy that now if a card is mint(9) that isn't good enough. Has to be gem mint 10!! We've all heard stories of guys cracking an 8, resubmit and it comes back a 10 lol
I have no interest in watching other people open packs and boxes online. That is not to say I am not interested in other people's cards as I am constantly posting postitively on the showcase topics on this iste esepciall where other members vintage cards are shown.

I'm with you in your view on grading modern cards. They had better be 9s and 10s with what people pay for new packs and boxes these days. I am VERY leery of these grading services and how consistant they are in their grades. Recently there were 2 high end vintage cards posted here with the exact same grade from PSA. Now granted I did not get to look at these cards up close and perssonal but one card was beautifully centered and appeared to have little or no corner wear. The other card had very, very noricable fraying on the top two corners and yet both scores the same. from PSA. The one with frayed corners should have been a PSA 3 tops and the other card looked to be a 6 or 7. I understand the need for grading older cards but I am very skeptical of the accuracy of these scores.

I like watching box breaks, especially if I have an investment. I only have facebook. I have found some success in trades, sales, and purchases with the facebook groups and markets. As far as box breaks, I wish I had more time to watch them.