Looking for unsigned John Mabry and Andy Benes Cardinals cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello all,

I am working on carrying on a tradition that a dear friend started years ago:

For years, friends of ours from San Francisco came to visit each summer doing a baseball park tour. We lived in Lombard, west of Chicago, so they made it to a Sox and Cubs game when they were in town, and 6-7-8 year old me got to go with.

Johnny was a SF mailman, everyone loved him. He passed away about 10 years ago, and I remember him very fondly. He helped get me started collecting cards, and would always bring me different cards he thought I would like. He also made it a point to bring cards to every game and give them away to kids in the same section we were in, as he never met a stranger and talked to everyone around him. Generally the way it went was he struck up a conversation with the guy next to him, and would eventually ask if his kids collected cards, and then give them away.

Fast forward from 1988 to 2013, and I am working on carrying on the same tradition, but with signed cards this time. For the past 3 or 4 years, every Cardinals game I have gone to, I have brought signed cards from different players with me and given them away in the same manner. The excitement from the families is so fun and rewarding, and I actually have a few friends who heard of me doing this, and are doing the same.

So I need some help....I am looking for UNSIGNED John Mabry and Andy Benes in Cardinals uniforms, as they are GREAT ttm signers and will sign lots at a time. I have absolutely nothing for trade now, but if anyone can spare a few common cards from either of these guys, I am glad to send a SASE, and TRULY appreciate your help.

GOD BLESS!

Kevin Mc

Last edited:
YOU ARE AWESOME! I will confirm as soon as you post, and I know you will help make a lot of people happy in helping us carry on this tradition. I have a 10 month old daughter, and I want her to see this and remember how simple things can make others happy ,thanks so much again for your help!

God BLess,

Kevin Mc