Lost For Words?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theguru14

MVP
5.00 star(s)
In all my years of collecting cards I have never seen a down arrow for every single card(minus #264 SSP) of the base set. 2021 Donruss baseball has been out for maybe a month or 2 and just recently started listing some BVs on Beckett. Every base card from #1-263 with a down arrow. All 38 variation cards with a down arrow.

Every card of the below 4 players with a down arrow

Luis V. Garcia
Ian Anderson
Triston McKenzie
Ryan Mountcastle

Maybe it is a long overdue correction in the card market? Card values have gone up so exponentially, that it seems cards are worth more than cash just like the late 80s/early 90s. This massive upward trend does not seem sustainable to me.

I might be wrong about this but I think I was told recently that Donruss is not licenced by MLB. If that is true, could that be the reason?

In my opinion, Beckett's initial values for Donruss were probably too high. Other things being equal, Donruss (with no logos) should be at or under Topps flagship. Yet commons for Donruss are at $0.50 while Topps commons are $0.40. That doesn't make sense.

In my opinion, Beckett's initial values for Donruss were probably too high. Other things being equal, Donruss (with no logos) should be at or under Topps flagship. Yet commons for Donruss are at $0.50 while Topps commons are $0.40. That doesn't make sense.
Agree topps common should be higher.....There might be another correction down the line! Best regards, David

I noticed that same thing too in Becketts as my son had bought a couple boxes of Donruss - could not understand it.

My hobby store was running dry on all of the sports ....including pokeman.......what's going on....Only thing lefted was the Tribute at $500.00 per box....18 cards....but 3 auto and 3 replics.......Someone.....even purchased the old ud boxes....the ones with the Michael Jordon card in the white sox uniform...for $200.00 per box??? Best regards, David