Lost my stepdaughter today to cancer

Dusty

5.00 star(s)
My stepdaughter, Shannon, who was 29 and suffered from breast cancer since she was 25, died today after a long and brave fight. Shannon was a leader and an incredibly remarkable person. She joined Gilda's Club, a cancer survivor support group founded by Gilda Radner and was the director of a fundraiser for Gilda's called Bras for a Cause. With the help of her family and friends, they raised over $50,000 last year. Her uncle and my wife's brother, Dave Coulier from TV's Full House show, was very involved in the fundraiser. He had a bra signed by all the member of the Full House show and another by the Detroit Red Wings. For her efforts, Shannon also was named Cancer Survivor of the Year by the Karmanos Cancer Center in Detroit, a very prestigous award. We are all going to miss you Shannon.

Cancer sucks.

Mike

http://shannoniezzi.blogspot.com/

http://www.brasforacausemichigan.com

blueted007

5.00 star(s)
Buddy sorry to hear of your loss,I know how you feel,I lost my grandmother to breast cancer in Sept.85,My prayers are with you and your kin.

Jon

brazin

5.00 star(s)
Thats a shame, she looked like a very beautiful person full of life and
appreciation for the small things that sometimes go unnoticed.
Sorry for your loss.

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
Mike - I'm very sorry to hear tha sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks
Craig

robert326

4.90 star(s)
Mike I extend my condolences to you and your family. Shannon gave so many people hope and courage. I hope her legacy will continue to live on with the people that knew her.

Best,
Robert

Jack

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear about her my prayers are with you and your family
Jack

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
sorry for your loss, my thoughts & prayers are with you and your family!! best wishes, Erik

bdink25

5.00 star(s)
We extend our condolences to you and your family. Praying that God brings something good out of the loss. Blessings Butch

NYMets6986

5.00 star(s)
Dusty,
Sorry to here about your loss, from what I could tell from her site Shannon was an awesome person who was full of life. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Matt

metsman1986

5.00 star(s)
So sorry for your loss...............God bless you and your family for fighting the good fight..................Mike

kugelmanco

5.00 star(s)
I agree Cancer does suck.
Thanks for the links and I know from reading them she was an amazing person.
My family will keep yours in our prayers.
Stay strong,
Cory

OriolesFan8

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear of your loss, it looks like she fought it with all she had.

Todd

Last edited:

metallica rocks

4.90 star(s)
I am very sorry to hear about her loss. She sounds like a great person. It's great that she turned a horrible diagnosis into something good for other people fighting the same battle. My mother has been fighting cancer for the past six years.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear about the loss of your stepdaughter Shannon. My prayers and condolences to you and your family. Best regards, David

baberuth#3

5.00 star(s)
Sorry for your loss, my prayers go out to you and your family.

My mom had breast cancer in 2004 but thankfully survived it.

Sponsors