Made my debut as a book author

bdangelo

5.00 star(s)
Hi gang,

Just wanted to share this with you because I am excited about it -- it's not meant to be spam. My first book has been published, and it's called "Never Fear: The Life & Times of Forest K. Ferguson Jr." Ferguson was a star at the University of Florida from 1939 to 1941, mostly in football, but also in track, boxing and baseball. He was Florida's second-ever All-American. He also won the national junior AAU title in the javelin throw in June 1942. He enlisted in the Army and distinguished himself at Normandy on D-Day, earning a Distinguished Service Cross Medal. He suffered a severe head wound at Omaha beach after one of his acts of braver, and died of complications of the wound in 1954. It's a self-published book through Lulu.com, which is kind of a cool concept. I am selling on lulu (they take a cut) and it is now on the Amazon site (they will take a bigger cut). And I am selling it on my own, since I have books at home that I ordered. Just one of those goals I always wanted to hit, and I finally did it.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/bdangelo

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Fear-Ti...8&qid=1431816171&sr=8-1&keywords=bob+d'angelo

Bob

Last edited:

Jeffo65

5.00 star(s)
Congrats Bob on the publishing.

It is a rush when you first get published. In college I had a contract with the National Park Service to do drawings and maps for a park handbook of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. I still have one of the first printings of the book.

bdangelo

5.00 star(s)
I hear ya. I've written thousands of sports stories and hundreds of blog entries since I am a sports writer, but a book was like the next level.

t.rooster

4.90 star(s)
Bob, that is whooper on you for following your passion and finishing up wonderfully, I wish you all the success....

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Hey Bob
Great job my friend It must really be exciting on having your first book published. Wish you all the best on its success. Now the second one will come easier. Should be on a Tampa Sports team or all of them
Tom

bdangelo

5.00 star(s)
Thanks, that's definitely a subject worth looking into.

Hey Bob
Great job my friend It must really be exciting on having your first book published. Wish you all the best on its success. Now the second one will come easier. Should be on a Tampa Sports team or all of them
Tom

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Bob, very cool! I have had 2 books that I have started writing but have not finished, on two fairly different topics, but am excited now that I see lulu.com, I may get some work on these done over the summer!

Thanks and God Bless, congrats on a fantastic accomplishment!

Kevin Mc

bdangelo

5.00 star(s)
Thanks, Kevin! It was a very easy site to work with, and they ship quickly.

Bob

Bob, very cool! I have had 2 books that I have started writing but have not finished, on two fairly different topics, but am excited now that I see lulu.com, I may get some work on these done over the summer!

Thanks and God Bless, congrats on a fantastic accomplishment!

Kevin Mc

Sponsors