Mail box was broken into!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Luckly nothing was taken...So I'll be slowing in confirming deals. Post Office has a work order for the large mail box....16 mail boxes were broken into. Best regards, David PS Today's mail was taken back to the Post Office.

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
My mail woman told me the other day that there has been a bunch of break ins of mail boxes out here....luckly I work at home and get my mail within a half hour of being dropped off.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
No! We have a large box shape with 16 smaller mail boxes for the neighbors! Best regards, David
My mail woman told me the other day that there has been a bunch of break ins of mail boxes out here....luckly I work at home and get my mail within a half hour of being dropped off.
This is about the second time in about 3 years....Luckly their were stupid and hit the mail box at night....and most of the mail boxes were empty! Best regards, David

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
This is about the second time in about 3 years....Luckly their were stupid and hit the mail box at night....and most of the mail boxes were empty! Best regards, David

Listened to an interview with a police detective several years ago. The only thing I remember is him saying "fortunately for us most criminals aren't very smart"

jwj20

5.00 star(s)
Happens here a lot. In fact one day, someone ripped the entire box (contains roughly 20 mailboxes) out of the ground and took that!!!

As far as I know, I've only lost a couple ESPN magazines and junk mail. Haven't lost any packages coming here in Glen Burnie yet.

Side note: My old PO in Halethorpe, MD always managed to lose packages coming in for me. Including every insured one over 100 bucks (five for five were located at the Halethorpe PO and then "missing").

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Listened to an interview with a police detective several years ago. The only thing I remember is him saying "fortunately for us most criminals aren't very smart"
Amen!
can't believe people would actually break into mail boxes.

Use to live in the rual area....and this never happened in 25 plus years.....living in the city....twice in 3 years. Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Picked up two days worth of mail today....(had scheduled today and tomorrow off from work/getting paid to do nothing)....Updated trade manager! Going late tomorrow to pick up Monday and Tuesdays mail....Hopefully....they will get to work on the large mail box soon! Best regards David

tigerace14

5.00 star(s)
Wow....well thankfully everything is ok for you, David.

I've never heard of that myself, even when I had my home. But, I also lived in a kind of a rural area and had great neighbors to also watch things. I've heard of bashing them in with bats and whatever else, but not stealing from them or taking an entire stand (with mailboxes in them)....

Thank God, all is ok :)
Diane

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Wow....well thankfully everything is ok for you, David.

I've never heard of that myself, even when I had my home. But, I also lived in a kind of a rural area and had great neighbors to also watch things. I've heard of bashing them in with bats and whatever else, but not stealing from them or taking an entire stand (with mailboxes in them)....

Thank God, all is ok :)
Diane
Everythings okay....Its a small pain going to the main station to pick up the mail....but it's better than have my id stolen!! Best regards, David
Considering it's possibly a felony to mess with the mail, pretty stupid thing to do.

Todd
Amen! Best regards, David

yikes!!!
i hope everything turns out ok

matt
Nothing stolen as I always pick up the mail....Best regards, David
People look for checks (IRS refunds) and for personal information for identity theft.
We have a very large apartment complex a few blocks away...It's so bad....that when I called for a home delivery (round table pizza)....they told me .....do you live at the apartment complex?...because if I did...that had so much trouble...that they would not deliver to anyone living at the apt complex! Best regards, David

Last edited:

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Just a sign how the times can be desperate for some. Hope at least the person who broke into all of those boxes needed the money from theft to feed his kids.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Just a sign how the times can be desperate for some. Hope at least the person who broke into all of those boxes needed the money from theft to feed his kids.

Now days...usually someone using drugs or on welfare or a thief! Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Looks like the mail locks have been repaired.....now I have to pick up Friday and Sat mails...and the new key.... So they only replaced the broken lock....and if it's like the old one..anyother break in will be easily....I hope it's a newer version! Fingers crossed. :)

Last edited:

David K.

5.00 star(s)
The key is bigger....so I'm hoping the lock is much better than the last one! Thanks for being patience....just collection Thur and Friday mail....will be posting completed trade later this evening....currently shopping....did my laundry 6 in morning...yard work 7 and 8 am shopping for fruit and vets from the local farmer market....yes...I'm tired....probably fall a sleep at the movie theater....Best regards, David