Major Sports Vendor Inspector Records

OriolesFan8

5.00 star(s)
In the area I live, every place that serves food has to have their current health inspection report posted next to the cash register, so you know if the score is low, you might want to find another place to eat.

I found this article on ESPN about the major sports facilities eating insepction reports. Some of the place are scary!!

Todd

PitofSteel

5.00 star(s)
Oh yes I have worked in foodservice since I was 16. I have overseen College dining facilities since 1998. It is a tough situation for sure. Our company is very strict on sanitation and safe handling of foods. Unfortunately we run quite a few arenas. The biggest problem is employee knowledge and so forth. Health inspectors though if they are having a bad day will nail you for just about anything. Just because a location gets a low score doesnt mean its not safe to eat. We have issues with facilities often where physical plant wont fix a light bulb or paint a wall so thats a point reduction. I for one always check the scores of restaurants we visit but can observe the workers to see if they are not doing thing properly.

Chris

OriolesFan8

5.00 star(s)
Oh yes I have worked in foodservice since I was 16. I have overseen College dining facilities since 1998. It is a tough situation for sure. Our company is very strict on sanitation and safe handling of foods. Unfortunately we run quite a few arenas. The biggest problem is employee knowledge and so forth. Health inspectors though if they are having a bad day will nail you for just about anything. Just because a location gets a low score doesnt mean its not safe to eat. We have issues with facilities often where physical plant wont fix a light bulb or paint a wall so thats a point reduction. I for one always check the scores of restaurants we visit but can observe the workers to see if they are not doing thing properly.

Chris

I agree, alot of the reports aren't too bad, it's the one's about rat poop and roaches being found in the area, those are the ones that creep me out.

Todd

PitofSteel

5.00 star(s)
I agree, alot of the reports aren't too bad, it's the one's about rat poop and roaches being found in the area, those are the ones that creep me out.

Todd

Oh no doubt Todd. I ran a facility that had roaches throughout the walls. It took almost a year to get rid of them. Talk about some pressure and hardships. Man I thought I would never survive that LOL. I thought I was in Joes Apartment show for a while.

Chris

David K.

5.00 star(s)
McAfee Stadium ...food service 34%...ouch...I'll be there labor day weekend.....Oakland vs. Seattle....Looking forward to see Ichiro play! Best regards, David PS won't be eating anything....might go for a few drinks instead!

OriolesFan8

5.00 star(s)
McAfee Stadium ...food service 34%...ouch...I'll be there labor day weekend.....Oakland vs. Seattle....Looking forward to see Ichiro play! Best regards, David PS won't be eating anything....might go for a few drinks instead!

I'll be going to an O's game most likely Saturday night, so Camden Yards with 9% - not too worried.

Todd

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Baseball stadiums are no different than any other place that serves food.

I didn't even click on your link because I've been involved with the food service industry for a long time now. Some of the things I've seen would probably make the average person toss their lunch and never want to go out to dinner again.

It's disgusting some of the stuff that goes on but a baseball stadium isn't any different than your local diner, McDonalds, or sub shop.

When the person making $5 an hour decides they don't care about washing the pork knife before slicing your turkey welllllll you're just screwed !!

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Interesting. Consider that this type of work is typically very low pay and has a lot of transitional workers. You might make an assumption that if anyone didn't care too much about their work, it might be this category of worker. It is pretty scary to consider how dangerous it could be with people who just don't care! Just watch "Waiting" for a funny perspective on this serious issue.