May 2022 Show Off Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HA! Yeah, who is that guy, thought I saw him play in STL once or twice??

A friend of mine years ago told a story about his buddy who went to spring training, and entered a raffle to win a tour around the clubhouse, on the field, and play catch with a Cardinals player. So the guy gets his ticket picked, and is really disappointed that he got paired with this rookie, who nicely signed a baseball for him at the end of the experience.

Of course this was 2001, and the rookie got hot pretty quick that season.....

View attachment 77872

Crazy! You never know who will have a long productive career. I think Piazza was one of those guys. The Dodgers drafted him in the last round (I think) as a favor to the Family or to Lasorda who was his God Father I believe?

Billy

Crazy! You never know who will have a long productive career. I think Piazza was one of those guys. The Dodgers drafted him in the last round (I think) as a favor to the Family or to Lasorda who was his God Father I believe?

Billy
Exactly right, and now he is in the HOF! Tom Lasorda and Mike's Dad were longtime friends, and Tom helped Mike along, glad he did!

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online

No members online now.