Mickey Rivers and TTM Successes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mort

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Came home from a two week vacation to find a few TTM autograph returns at the Post Office.

Perhaps the most interesting return wasn't an autograph at all. I got a letter from Mickey Rivers with two cards I didn't send him. Also odd was the envelope ... didn't use my SASE. Handwritten address and he (or his marketing representative) paid the postage. I don't have the exact date when I sent a TTM request to him but I know it was more than two years ago. Added this info to the TTM Database. Keep in mind this information is unconfirmed. I have since got a Rivers' autograph through a private signing (paid $10 - d'oh!).

Also got back a short note from Dalton Jones. I asked him what size bat he used during his playing days and life in Alpine, Texas.

Finally, one more 83 Fleer off the list! Captain Terry Felton works for the East Baton Rouge, LA Sheriff Office.

image-F219_4E52B037.jpg

image-BF31_4E52AF45.jpg

image-CDA3_4E52AFFF.jpg

Also got a TTM failure from Ryan Kalish c/o Red Sox ST from Feb. 2011. He (or someone who works for the Red Sox) returned my two cards and sent an autopenned 5x7 photo. Included a letter saying he receives too much fan mail and cannot respond to all individual autograph requests. I think the Red Sox didn't know what to do with his fan mail as he's been hopping all around the minors this season on rehab. :)

Hey, that's not bad for Mick. Very nice successes, too, Scott!