Million Card Giveaway Trades....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kekamba

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Dont you guys love the trade offer's you receive on that site? I dont have alot only 22 cards and over half of those I plan to redeem but I still get crazy trade offers. A 1979 Art Howe for a 1970 Sparky Anderson. The Anderson isnt but I think a $5 card, but still 79 Art Howe?

It's almost impossible to make a trade on that site.

99.99% of all trade offers I get are ridiculous.

I was lucky enough to unlock 2 1952 Topps cards. They both book for about $50. Every day, I get multiple offers of one 1985 - present common for them.

I really don't understand the point. It would seem like a collosal waste of time to post these trades.

Michael

It's almost impossible to make a trade on that site.

99.99% of all trade offers I get are ridiculous.

I was lucky enough to unlock 2 1952 Topps cards. They both book for about $50. Every day, I get multiple offers of one 1985 - present common for them.

I really don't understand the point. It would seem like a collosal waste of time to post these trades.

Michael

Man, a 1985 Topps common for an old 1952 Topps cards. I would jump at the chance. :D :D :D :D :D

Ron

I actually managed to trade all the cards I redeemed for cards that I did actually need, but I did get a lot of plain stupid offers along the way.

I am against printing cards from before. What has happened no more ideas to manufacture new cards? Is it lack of design or imagination?

does anyone have any of those redemption cards for trade because i really want one

Only card I got was mid 1990s Jose Guzman Topps. I offered a few trades (for similar cards. Late 80s-present cards of common Mets players). Never got a response on any of them. And I have no desire to get the Guzman card sent to me...so it'll probably just end up being a waste of time.

I have these cards on there is anyone wants to make a trade for them lmk.
08 topps hank blalock #53
08 topps jose bautista #158
92 topps greg cadaret #18
01 topps jay bell #109
74 topps j.r. richard #522

I have found no luck with trades. I haven't gotten any trades offer (probs bc my cards are pretty ******). I was going to get the 74 topps shipped until I realized that it would cost $2, so at this point I decided against it.

I've traded all of my cards for others, but I looked up book values first and only made reasonable offers. When you package together your ****** cards you can always find someone to take them, which has amazed me. I also traded the only 1952 card I redeemed ($60 bv W. Terwilliger) for a $25 A. Pafko autograph, but I figure the condition of the '52 would have been no more than half the book value, while the auto is probably mint or close to it. Also, the auto brings with it free shipping so now I can get all my cards shipped for free when I have them shipped.
But yeah, I get a lot of horrible offers which make me laugh.

Last edited:
I guess it may be easier, like dale said, to package them together for a trade offer. I haven't bought many Topps this year (just one blaster) and have only received one giveaway card. I didn't even know what it was...if I could do it over again I'd probably just sell it on ebay or try and trade it. It really has no value to me if I can't trade it for some player I collect and I'm not sure of many Jose Guzman collectors out there (especially ones that wouldn't already have his base 1994 card). Oh well, I'll keep trying.

I got a pretty nice offer that I just accepted. Seemed like a pretty dumb trade offer the guy sent me so I jumped on it!

I traded:
1994 Topps Ryne Sandberg

I received:
1971 Topps Fred Scherman #316

I think grabbing the vintage as opposed to a mass overproduced card (albeit HOF) was the right move.

I am against printing cards from before. What has happened no more ideas to manufacture new cards? Is it lack of design or imagination?

The cards are not reprints, but the original cards bought back and held by Topps.

You want to get some idiotic trade offers, have a Strasburg in you account. WOW!

In exchange for a $60 1952 card, I was offered the following:

Pete Redfern 1979

Pete Redfern / Minnesota Twins

Qty: 1

Bruce Sutter 1985

Bruce Sutter / St. Louis Cardinals

George Frazier 1985

George Frazier / Chicago Cubs

Bruce Berenyi 1985

Bruce Berenyi / New York Mets

Dann Bilardello 1985

Dann Bilardello / Cincinnati Reds

Andre David 1985

Andre David / Minnesota Twins

Dickie Thon 1985

Dickie Thon / Houston Astros

Dick Williams 1985

Dick Williams / San Diego Padres

Rod Carew 1985

Rod Carew / California Angels

Andre Dawson 1985

Andre Dawson / Montreal Expos

Derrel Thomas 1985

Derrel Thomas / Montreal Expos

Dave Concepcion 1985

Dave Concepcion / Cincinnati Reds

Len Barker 1985

Len Barker / Atlanta Braves

Tim Raines 1985

Tim Raines / Montreal Expos

Alan Trammell 1985

Alan Trammell / Detroit Tigers

Dave Kingman 1985

Dave Kingman / Oakland Athletics

Johnnie LeMaster 1986

Johnnie LeMaster / Pittsburgh Pirates

Alan Trammell 1988

Alan Trammell / Detroit Tigers

Bip Roberts 1992

Bip Roberts / San Diego Padres

Jeff Juden 1992

Jeff Juden / Houston Astros

Oliver Perez 2005

Oliver Perez / Pittsburgh Pirates

Scott Hatteberg 2006

Scott Hatteberg / Oakland Athletics

Chad Tracy 2006

Chad Tracy / Arizona Diamondbacks

Despite the fact that it is 23 cards to 1 in my favor, I'm going to decline.

I can't believe someone to the time to even post this.

Michael

^Woah, that's bad. I wonder if sometimes people on the website think that maybe kids are the other end of the offer and they could pull the wool over the kids' eyes and steal a nice card from him/her.

Anyway, I was wondering...let's say you offer a trade for a card that has a quantity greater than 1. Is your offer automatically sent to anyone who has redeemed that card or is just one of the owners of the card selected at random? Anyone know, just curious.

I've been wondering that too. If you propose a trade and then hit the cancel button it reveals the username of someone who has the other card, so I don't think it goes to everyone. I do think if you reject a trade it will bounce to the next guy in line with the same card.
By the way, I was offered a 2001 Lee Stevens for my Andy Pakfo autograph yesterday. So tempting...

Finally got a trade accepted. I just went through looking for guys in Mets uniforms. Made offers for a few (Rey Ordonez, Edgardo Alfonzo, John Olerud, and some others). I got a 1999 Topps John Olerud for my 1994 Jose Guzman card. Nothing crazy, but I'm glad it's a least a Mets guy (well known, at that). Still don't really want to get that card mailed to me since it will be nearly $3 for such a common card.