Minor but annoying

TribeBuckeyeFan

4.90 star(s)
So I was just now looking around my profile and such (first chance since everything was changed/updated), and I noticed that it says I only have 194 transactions. Why didn't this carryover? I don't remember exactly what I had, but I'm pretty certain it was well over 300 prior to the update.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
So I was just now looking around my profile and such (first chance since everything was changed/updated), and I noticed that it says I only have 194 transactions. Why didn't this carryover? I don't remember exactly what I had, but I'm pretty certain it was well over 300 prior to the update.

This is on my list of things to look into. Evidently something wasn't right with the data in some transactions so they failed to convert. I'm thinking it might've come down to no ratings being left by either member, but I'm going to dig into the data when I get several hours free and find out.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
It could be forgotten trades that we're never completed or trades that did not count because it was smiliar to another trade within the 5 day rule....Two trades with the same partners within 5 days only count as one bench point. Best regards, David PS the five day rule was to prevent...say u and me have a trade for 100 cards.....but instead of one trade...we decided to win the trader of the month by posting 100 trades. If we posted them on the same day.....the trade manager would or system would prevent this as we would only get one point!!

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Yes, it could be free cards in part. They were counted as trades until the trade manager added the question as to are you sending free cards. My transaction count is around the same as the old system.

TribeBuckeyeFan

4.90 star(s)
No, ther is no way I had that many free deals. Just a glitch somewhere. Not that big a deal. Its not like it really means anything in the grand scheme of things.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I can't find any additional trades in the database so there are only 2 things I can think of that may have happened to cause this.

1. There were some trades deleted from the database prior to me acquiring the site (no data has been removed since I acquired the site).
2. There was a glitch in the system at one time that gave more points, per trade, than you were supposed to get.

TribeBuckeyeFan

4.90 star(s)
On another note, is there a way we can see our feedback? I've ALWAYS been a 5; just noticed that now I'm not. I'd like to see what it was that dropped me down.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
On another note, is there a way we can see our feedback? I've ALWAYS been a 5; just noticed that now I'm not. I'd like to see what it was that dropped me down.

Members are unable to see ratings left on specific transactions in order to avoid situations where members might leave bad ratings in retaliation even though their trade partner didn't deserve it.

Before the upgrade your rating was a 4.93. With the old system that was automatically rounded up to a 5.0. I'm thinking it might've rounded to the nearest whole number before, but I never looked at the code to know for sure. Now, everything is rounded to the nearest 1/10th. So now that 4.93 is rounded to a 4.9, which is what you'll see if you hover over the stars (on desktop). In order to have 5 stars, you need at least a 4.95, which will round up to a 5.0.

Hope that all makes sense.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member

Just as an update, I'm digging into this tonight to try to figure out how the way I'm calculating ratings differs from before. It could be that I'm doing something wrong, but I'll figure it out and let you know when I'm absolutely certain.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I was just curious. I know there are some folks that will look down on anything but a 5, but whatever.

Sorry about the delay. It actually took me quite some time to go through the code to find out where the ratings used to be calculated. Anyways, what happened before was that the system dropped a certain number of each member's lowest, and highest, ratings before averaging the rest off to get the rating. Our system doesn't drop anything off. It averages together all ratings left for a member to get the final rating, which is the one displayed.

The old system did still round to the nearest 1/10th, which is what I do.

So, while your rating was a 4.93, after your lower ratings were dropped off it bumped you up to above a 4.95 (which rounded to a 5.0).

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Sorry about the delay. It actually took me quite some time to go through the code to find out where the ratings used to be calculated. Anyways, what happened before was that the system dropped a certain number of each member's lowest, and highest, ratings before averaging the rest off to get the rating. Our system doesn't drop anything off. It averages together all ratings left for a member to get the final rating, which is the one displayed.

Definitely agree that highest/lowest scores should be dropped and the average of what remains is the trader rating. Allows for a "revenge rating" to not be counted. But do like that everything is now shown in 1/10ths, so you can see it if someone is closer to 4.9 than 5.0.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
If the number under your avatar is the # of trades (Bench points), I think mine actually increased from before. I recall I was sitting at 600 and wanted to stay there, as I had not really been trading much anymore. I want to say I made a purchase and it pushed me to 601. Now I have more. Unless there are other things that count for a small number of points. Still wouldn't explain someone going down in points though???