More SNOW in Delaware

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
We do get snow in Delaware, but so far this year it's been more than usual. It snowed again last night. Not much, but enough to be a pain in the rear end. Apparently a big storm is headed our way this weekend. Snow is fun when you're young, but that all changes when you have to drive in it and shovel it.

Myerburg311

4.90 star(s)
We got more than usual here too.. I still love the snow though cause I like driving in it.. And I bought a Jeep so I never have to shovel.. Just stick er in 4 wheel and go :D

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
If you have 4 wheel drive, I know it can be fun. My wife has a 4 wheel drive SUV. I have a Nissan Sentra.

What about the shoveling? You guys don't shovel your driveway or sidewalk?

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
We're already about 20 inches over normal here and they're calling for us to get hit thursday/friday with at least another 12. I live on a six lane road (3 each way) and after the big snow in december had to shovel out the bottom of my driveway 5 times as they cleared more and more of the road. So yeah it's definitely a "pain in the rear end", especially when I go out and when I get home I can't get in my driveway because the plows came by again.

And no, I never shovel the sidewalk. Not when they're dumping three lanes worth of snow and slush on it !

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
We're supposed to get another storm Friday night into Saturday.

Same one that's gonna hit us. Latest report said friday night into saturday with 14-20 inches and the temp isn't supposed to get over 32 until tuesday, and even then only 38. This sucker is gonna be around for a while.

YUCK !!!

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Sorry to hear above your winter woes. Here we've had seemingly less snow than in years past. Even the temperature hasn't seemed to be as bad. Sure, we had a spell where was in single digits for two weeks, but our usual period of two weeks of -15 to -20 degrees (cold enough to freeze the snot your nose)has not arrived yet.

As for shoveling, I have no sidewalk and I have the farmer who harvests my hayfields plow me out whenever I need it.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
They're now calling for 18-24 for us.

NOAA says "STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT."

Got my candles standing by...........

zlw1

5.00 star(s)
Cry me a river! LOL
I get to deal with it worse off then you all. 2'-3'.. Woo hoo!
When did Maryland turn into Buffalo New York? lol
I guess my meteorological background is starting to pan out! ;)
Good Luck digging out.
Zac

dankir96

4.90 star(s)
This storm is going to be so bad, that they've cancelled drill for both the Army & Air National Guard this weekend. Of course now I will probably be called in for state emergency active duty.