• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

NCAA Football - Final Four

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
First rankings come out tonight...who do you have making the final four. Keeping in mind no one saw Ohio State coming last year at this time.

1 - Ohio State
2 - Clemson
3 - TCU
4 - Stanford

Just because it is fun to get people riled up sometimes...keeping an SEC team out of my initial rankings. Although I am sure Alabama will somehow get in with one loss..AGAIN. Clemson MUST beast FSU for the ACC to have any shot at a team in the playoff. Baylor losing their QB is why I go with TCU over them. And Stanford is just crushing people right now, making their opening loss to Northwestern seem like a fluke (can you say VT over Ohio State). And it wouldn't bother me at all to see Michigan State beat Ohio State and be the Big Ten undefeated that makes it in.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Here would be my top 4:

1: Ohio State
2: LSU
3: TCU
4: Baylor

After seeing the Miami/Duke game the ACC should be banned from playing football.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Being that my wife and I met, got engaged, and got married at U of Illinois, I would love to see Ohio State not succeed!

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Here would be my top 4:

1: Ohio State
2: LSU
3: TCU
4: Baylor

After seeing the Miami/Duke game the ACC should be banned from playing football.

The officiating in that game was BRUTAL! And the refs were banned for two games.

Being that my wife and I met, got engaged, and got married at U of Illinois, I would love to see Ohio State not succeed!

I have no love for Ohio State, and it is even worse with Urban Meyer there.

Shocking to see two SEC schools in the initial pool, especially since Alabama has a loss and neither Baylor or TCU does.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
New pool tonight.....

1 - Ohio State
2 - Clemson
3 - Baylor
4 - Stanford

Tired of Bama getting a pass for playing in the SEC and always being ranked high. If you are so dadgum good, than just win all your games. They are the Duke of the FBS!

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
So now it is:
Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Iowa

Have to assume that at least 2 of them will not be there come New Years Day. If Carolina can take care of NC State and than Clemson in the ACC Championship - does that move them up to the top 4? Alabama will cruise in again, no punishment for them having a loss..again. OK v. OK state should be interesting. Michigan State should be able to handle PSU and than one of the 4 slots would almost have to go to the winner of the Big Ten Championship. I don't think Notre Dame will have to worry - they will probably get beat by Stanford.

Still think there should be no rankings until the first ranking by the committee - would get rid of A LOT of wins over ranked teams by the SEC. It took almost 4 weeks to get LSU out of the rankings and they were #3 at one point and now they are ready to fire their coach.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
And so it shall be written:
1 Clemson v. 4 Oklahoma
2 Alabama v. 3 Michigan State

Three Big Ten teams in the final top ten ranking. Three ACC schools in the final top ten ranking (plus Notre Dame - which plays an ACC football schedule). One, REPEAT ONE, SEC school in the final top ten ranking.

Would like to see MSU v. Clemson for the title, but feel like it will be the exact opposite with Alabama winning it all again. At least they won their conference this year to get in to the championship hunt.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Congrats to Alabama for another one loss championship.

Clemson and Alabama both have 1 loss. Clemson lost to the #2 team on a neutral field. Alabama lost at home to a Top 25 team. Being that Alabama didn't blow Clemson out, I could see how someone could still vote Clemson #1.

When Alabama can go undefeated, or not have a rematch that they lost in the regular season, or not get in while not even winning their division, than I will have a little less cynicism towards their accomplishments!