Need 9 cards to complete 1973 Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Will trade in your favor, more of a sale value guy instead of book value but it will be in your favor and I will trade other vintage PC items, if you have one of these I will find something for you.

***pending

257b Yogi Berra MG (pale brown/darker backgrounds)
280a Al Kaline (with bandage on forehead, not airbrushed out)
453 Checklist 397-528 CL
541 Bobby Bolin***
556 New York Yankees TC***
584 Chris Arnold
595 Don Gullett***

Last edited:
I didnt know about this variation when I put my 73 set together. When I learned about it I went into the album hoping it was there. Nope, just the regular version.

I didnt know about this variation when I put my 73 set together. When I learned about it I went into the album hoping it was there. Nope, just the regular version.
Truth is I'll probably not get it but its on the list. Surprisingly I have found many "hard to find" variations over the years so it doesn't hurt to try. No I don't have the no name Frank Thomas. LOL

Two questions for you.
What are your condition requirements on your 1973s?

And do you have any low grade 1972 Topps baseball for trade? I have a low conditioned near complete set that I am in the process of DOWNGRADING (there is a new one for you!) and need to following 5 cards in low grade to complete it.

668 Rangers Team card
695 Jerry Koosman
697 Rod Carew
732 George Culver
741 Al-NL Rookie Stars (hutton/Milner/Miller)

I'm 99% sure we traded a few years ago with me hitting your 1973 want list and you trading me a beautiful Merlin Olsen RC as well as some nice 1964 Topps AFL cards. Pretty sure it was you. LMK if you have any of those because I'm certain I have a couple of your needs.

Two questions for you.
What are your condition requirements on your 1973s?

And do you have any low grade 1972 Topps baseball for trade? I have a low conditioned near complete set that I am in the process of DOWNGRADING (there is a new one for you!) and need to following 5 cards in low grade to complete it.

668 Rangers Team card
695 Jerry Koosman
697 Rod Carew
732 George Culver
741 Al-NL Rookie Stars (hutton/Milner/Miller)

I'm 99% sure we traded a few years ago with me hitting your 1973 want list and you trading me a beautiful Merlin Olsen RC as well as some nice 1964 Topps AFL cards. Pretty sure it was you. LMK if you have any of those because I'm certain I have a couple of your needs.
Yes it was me, I had a lot of vintage football I traded from 1973 topps baseball. I checked my inventory and I don't have those cards you are looking for in 1972 topps. Depending on what you have and the price, I might buy the cards you have. Im not in a hurry but it is my main focus right now, buying high number commons for around $2 off of ebay. The checklist and the yankees team card will be more, if you have those, please let me know. Thanks

Thanks for checking on those 1972s for me. I'll check and see what I have from your needs. What are your condition requrements on the 1973s?

If you have any more vintage football left, I may be interested.

Thanks for checking on those 1972s for me. I'll check and see what I have from your needs. What are your condition requrements on the 1973s?

If you have any more vintage football left, I may be interested.
I’m looking for Vg-Ex. I do still have some football, I can try to check it tonight

I’m looking for Vg-Ex. I do still have some football, I can try to check it tonight
Great! I won't be able to check tonight but will over the weekend. I'm sure I'll have some for you...........not the Kaline bandage one though. When I heard about that I checked my dups and sets and didn't have one unfortunately.

I found 3 cards you need. 541 Bolin, 556 Yankees team595 Gullett. The big problem with all three of these is centering wich is 90/10 L to R (or visa vesa. LMK if you are interested in these and we'll work something out.

BTW I checked my 2 sets for the Berra variation you needed. Both had the ones you did not need just like the Kalines.

I found 3 cards you need. 541 Bolin, 556 Yankees team595 Gullett. The big problem with all three of these is centering wich is 90/10 L to R (or visa vesa. LMK if you are interested in these and we'll work something out.

BTW I checked my 2 sets for the Berra variation you needed. Both had the ones you did not need just like the Kalines.
Can you DM pics ? Centering isn’t that important if the corners and edges/surface are clean.

Unfortunatley I can't send pictures as I am very tech challenged. However, I can send you these cards first and if you want them we can work the deal out. If not, just PWE them back the way I send them to you.

If that sounds like a plan, PM me your mailing address and I'll get these out to you on Tuesday

Unfortunatley I can't send pictures as I am very tech challenged. However, I can send you these cards first and if you want them we can work the deal out. If not, just PWE them back the way I send them to you.

If that sounds like a plan, PM me your mailing address and I'll get these out to you on Tuesday
Ok sounds good