Need advice on which jumbo box to buy either Topps 2009 Series 2 or Topps 2009 update

toulas

5.00 star(s)
Hi, I could use some opinions on which is the best buy I came into some cash for busting a box of cards which has not happened for a while. I think I have it narrowed down to a box of topps 09 sieries 2 jumbo or 09 update jumbo but I cant decide, in the beckett they seem to only list rookie autos as possibilities for update that cant be right can it and on dave and adams they advertise all kinds of good stuff in update like silk cards and other autos but beckett doesnt list any of that stuff could beckett be wrong. Please give me your opinions I am going to buy tommorow night also considering a box of Bowmna 09 jumbo but dont know if it is worth it.

thanks for the help

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
The information D&A provides for each product has never failed me in the past after many buys. I would go for the Series 2 Jumbo or 2010 Bowman jumbo, lots of hot players in there right now:)

David K.

5.00 star(s)
The jumbo for the Bowman 2010 are red hot right now. In my jumbo there was about four Stephen Strasburg cards...blue serial #520, Chrome, bowman base and bowman topps 100! Plus three auto! I would go the with bowman jumbo if your looking for prospects. If your not looking for prospects...I would go with the jumbo Topps three hits.....patch, auto and gu card. Best regards, David

toulas

5.00 star(s)
The information D&A provides for each product has never failed me in the past after many buys. I would go for the Series 2 Jumbo or 2010 Bowman jumbo, lots of hot players in there right now:)

The jumbo for the Bowman 2010 are red hot right now. In my jumbo there was about four Stephen Strasburg cards...blue serial #520, Chrome, bowman base and bowman topps 100! Plus three auto! I would go the with bowman jumbo if your looking for prospects. If your not looking for prospects...I would go with the jumbo Topps three hits.....patch, auto and gu card. Best regards, David

Thanks guys but what do you think about a 2009 bowman jumbo, and did any fo you oopen any 2009 topps update and if so did you pull non rookie autos and silk cards and the suck
plmk

thanks

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
Thanks guys but what do you think about a 2009 bowman jumbo, and did any fo you oopen any 2009 topps update and if so did you pull non rookie autos and silk cards and the suck
plmk

thanks

Update is really only a good product if the RC's in it are strong, for 2009 they are just average along with the autograph selection. Silk cards are a luck of the draw in any Topps Jumbo product these last few years. 2010 Bowman blows away 2009 at this point.

To be h onest I've never been unhappy with any Topps jumbo box I've bought regardless of year or series. Always get some nice pulls and they usually come close to covering the box at times when all the selling/trading is done.

Trishlp

5.00 star(s)
The reason you cant find 09 topps Silk for update is they are all listed as 2009 topps, #'s 201-300 of the Silk collection were issued in Update. Only sets that were not in Series 1 and Series 2 like the career quest auto's are listed as Update but sets like the Turkey Red which came out in all 3 series are all listed under topps turkey red. Hope I explained that clearly. Personally out of the boxes you were asking about I think either Topps series would be good not to sure about the 09 Bowman though.
Trish

toulas

5.00 star(s)
The reason you cant find 09 topps Silk for update is they are all listed as 2009 topps, #'s 201-300 of the Silk collection were issued in Update. Only sets that were not in Series 1 and Series 2 like the career quest auto's are listed as Update but sets like the Turkey Red which came out in all 3 series are all listed under topps turkey red. Hope I explained that clearly. Personally out of the boxes you were asking about I think either Topps series would be good not to sure about the 09 Bowman though.
Trish

thanks for the info I apreciate it. I will decide tonight after I have a mike trout auto gu rookie go off on ebay. Does anyone else have a preference? please let me know

thanks
Jeremy

valediction

5.00 star(s)
Hi, I could use some opinions on which is the best buy I came into some cash for busting a box of cards which has not happened for a while. I think I have it narrowed down to a box of topps 09 sieries 2 jumbo or 09 update jumbo but I cant decide, in the beckett they seem to only list rookie autos as possibilities for update that cant be right can it and on dave and adams they advertise all kinds of good stuff in update like silk cards and other autos but beckett doesnt list any of that stuff could beckett be wrong. Please give me your opinions I am going to buy tommorow night also considering a box of Bowmna 09 jumbo but dont know if it is worth it.

thanks for the help

You'll have to define 'worth it'. Any box can be great, any box can be a waste. It depends on what is inside. I bought a box of Bowman jumbos in 2008 and was supposed to get 3 autos. I got 6 autos, a red refractor and a gold refractor (neither of those were autos). I sold the autos and the two refractors and still didn't cover the cost of the box. Even beating the odds significantly wasn't enough. Get an auto of a guy like Strasburg, and you make money with one card. Get a David Price silk that sells for $5, it's not such a great deal. The best advice I can give is resist the box busting urge and pick up what you collect.

toulas

5.00 star(s)
You'll have to define 'worth it'. Any box can be great, any box can be a waste. It depends on what is inside. I bought a box of Bowman jumbos in 2008 and was supposed to get 3 autos. I got 6 autos, a red refractor and a gold refractor (neither of those were autos). I sold the autos and the two refractors and still didn't cover the cost of the box. Even beating the odds significantly wasn't enough. Get an auto of a guy like Strasburg, and you make money with one card. Get a David Price silk that sells for $5, it's not such a great deal. The best advice I can give is resist the box busting urge and pick up what you collect.

Thats what I'm thinking but I havent busted something in so long I have the itch. I cant decide now I am considering doing some 2008 sweet spot on of the master boxes.

thanks for the help