Need Help Identifying A Card From 1976 Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joebing

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Won a lot of 10 1976 Topps online. One of the cards is the Reds team card. I already have a copy, but this differed. It had the same number and printing, but was on a thinner, whiter stock than the standard issue Topps. At first I thought it was an O-***-Chee, but there is no French. It also appears to have been cut, like the box bottoms from the 80s and 90s, but I cannot find if these existed in 1976. Can anyone help me out? I am a Sparky collector and working on a 1976 set as well.

Going from memory, I remember getting those in magazines at school and cutting them out. I can't remember the magazine name, though.

The magazine was Dynamite Magazine. Still looking for a checklist...not much info out there.

That was it! I remember finding some of those in my collection at a time that wasn't too far removed. It confused me at the time. Thanks for bringing back memories.

If it is thinner than normal it is probably cut from the checklists you could send away for. They came in an uncut sheet. I still have mine all marked and loved. The cards from Dynamite were normal stock. I still have an Aaron RB from the magazine.

If it is thinner than normal it is probably cut from the checklists you could send away for. They came in an uncut sheet. I still have mine all marked and loved. The cards from Dynamite were normal stock. I still have an Aaron RB from the magazine.

That makes more sense, since I FINALLY found good pics of the Dynamite magazine cards and the backs were too dark. It is MUCH thinner stock. Interesting how they came on an uncut sheet. Would LOVE to have one to frame.

As far as Dynamite magazine goes, does anyone have a good checklist? All the book excerpts I see online don't list 90% of the uncut cards I see on eBay, leading me to believe that 1) Topps put at least a third of the set in Dynamite Magazine, and 2) there may be some Trammells between 1978 and 1985 (the latest I have found of cards in Dynamite Magazine, which was published from 1974-1992).

Maybe these images will clear things up, check the bottom of the card itself; it explains the promotion............

1976sheet1

front........

1976sheet2

back........

1976compare

comparison..........

Those sheets can be a tough find for a reasonable price if they are in good shape and unmarked. One seller in particular lists them in the $40-70 range, but I have been able to find all in the 1975-1982 for anywhere from $10-25 per year.

Kruk Cards is selling a massive amount of Dynamite 6 card and 3 card panels, often in 20+ lots. I have never seen a comprehensive checklist for them. I bet it's like the Beckett samples and anything else that gets inserted into a product over time. There probably isn't a checklist.

I have 1975, 1977 and 1978 panels with Garvey, but my interest in those doesn't extend beyond the Garvey appearances, unless I was able to get a nice deal. I do have one complete magazine with a Garvey panel as well.

I did see those Panels on eBay.............They are definitely cool...............

Thanks for the upload. That is definitely what it is. Now I have to add the uncut sheets from 78-82 to my Trammell collection. Still looking for a list of Dynamite Magazine cards, best I can do is look on eBay at individual auctions.