Need these Topps "Trophy" cards signed, can you help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
If you have available for sale/trade or can get any of the following Topps cards personally signed, I can use them. I will also take parallels of these (Opening day, chrome, refractors, gold, etc) as substitutes if they are signed as well. ALL of these cards must be the regular version (no highlight, all-star or other subset versions) featuring the Topps All Rookie Team trophy, except the 1979-85 cards, or where Topps left off the trophy from the regular issue card. For the players featured on the 1960-62 Topps Heritage designs, I would take their cards w/ the trophy signed as well.

1971 Topps:

#5 Thurman Munson - Yankees

1995 Topps:

#324 Ryan Klesko - Braves
#577 Manny Ramirez - Indians

1996 Topps:

#136 Hideo Nomo - Dodgers

1997 Topps:

#13 Derek Jeter - Yankees

1998 Topps:

#25 Scott Rolen - Phillies
#334 Andruw Jones - Braves

2002 Topps:

#164 Jimmy Rollins - Phillies
#225 Ichiro Suzuki - Mariners
#605 Tsuyoshi Shinjo - Mets

2005 Topps:

#510 Joe Mauer - Twins

2007 Topps:

#421 Melky Cabrera - Yankees

2008 Topps:

#385 Troy Tulowitzki - Rockies
#545 Chris Young - Diamondbacks

2009 Topps:

#210 Geovany Soto - Cubs
#585 Alexei Ramirez - White Sox (NO TROPHY?)
#160 Evan Longoria - Rays

2010 Topps:
#450 Omir Santos (SP only)* - Mets
#493 Travis Ishikawa (SP only)* - Giants
#508 Chris Getz (SP only)* - Royals
#310 Elvis Andrus - Rangers
#653 Nolan Reimold (SP only)* - Orioles
# 89 J.A. Happ - Phillies

* The regular Series 2 cards didn't have a trophy on them. In the Update set, certain cards have Rookie Cup variations, which are SPs.

2011 Topps:
The team was announced. Players SHOULD have trophy cards on their 2011 Topps cards, when issued.

1B: Gaby Sanchez, Florida Marlins
2B: Neil Walker, Pittsburgh Pirates
3B: Danny Valencia, Minnesota Twins
SS: Starlin Castro, Chicago Cubs
OF: Austin Jackson, Detroit Tigers
OF: Mike Stanton, Florida Marlins
OF: Jason Heyward, Atlanta Braves
C: Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
RHP: Stephen Strasburg, Washington Nationals
LHP: Jaime Garcia, St. Louis Cardinals
RP: Neftali Feliz, Texas Rangers

2012 Topps (Most of these should be out now. Love this new team every year dilemma, since I did so well with the 2011 team so far!):

J.P. Arencibia, C, Toronto Blue Jays
Mark Trumbo, 1B, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Danny Espinosa, 2B, Washington Nationals
Brett Lawrie, 3B, Toronto Blue Jays
Dee Gordon, SS, Los Angeles Dodgers
Desmond Jennings, OF, Tampa Bay Rays
Josh Reddick, OF, Boston Red Sox
Ben Revere, OF, Minnesota Twins
Jeremy Hellickson, Starting Pitcher, Tampa Bay Rays
Craig Kimbrel, Relief Pitcher, Atlanta Braves

Last edited:
I got these two extra ones from sT

2009 John Lannan IP (signed in blue sharpie)

2010 Chris Coghlan TTM (he signed it in blue ballpoint pen)

If interested, what do you have in the way of autographs to trade.

Dave

Hawk,

I did a search the other day, but couldn't find a version w/ trophy. He MIGHT be one who didn't get a trophy (it does happen occasionally), or none were on ebay. I don't have the card, so I'd need to find one to get to you, unless you have any. I assume you mean getting it at a game or something and that you don't have one now, correct?

Dave,

My auto trade list is pretty sparse right now. I am actually trying to slowly get rid of it completely and just have the cards I want, since most people either don't trade the TTM/IP cards or are willing to sell. I would buy if you are willing or what are you looking for? Certain sets? Teams? players?

Pretty darn sure I have a '79 Revering. I'll let you know later tonight.

Houbb,

Please do let me know if you have one available.

MrMet,

I would be willing to pay a modest fee, but I suspect w/o even clicking on the links it would be not worth it after fee, s/h, etc. I have seen a few on ebay for $20 and I have passed, so if it would cost that or more, it wouldn't be worth it. Oddly enough, unless he doesn't sign the RC much, it seems to sell well (just lost out on one that went for around $15 recently), where as I have landed certified autos for under $10 numerous times.

???

Houbb,

Please do let me know if you have one available.

MrMet,

I would be willing to pay a modest fee, but I suspect w/o even clicking on the links it would be not worth it after fee, s/h, etc. I have seen a few on ebay for $20 and I have passed, so if it would cost that or more, it wouldn't be worth it. Oddly enough, unless he doesn't sign the RC much, it seems to sell well (just lost out on one that went for around $15 recently), where as I have landed certified autos for under $10 numerous times.

???

Yep, I do have a signed 1979 Dave Revering.

Is it available? I would buy for the right price or could try to locate something you needed/wanted for a trade. I don't have any active trade lists, but tell me your interests and I can go from there.

Is it available? I would buy for the right price or could try to locate something you needed/wanted for a trade. I don't have any active trade lists, but tell me your interests and I can go from there.

Sending you a PM.

I'm gonna make note of the Aviles and Getz for the game on Wednesday and I'll see if something happens. Don't hold your breath though...

I appreciate the help. Remember it needs to be a specific cards for them (2009 & 2010 Topps w/ trophy), not just any cards. Let me know if you succeed.

Thanks to Jim (houbb), I will be scratching one off the list soon!

I've never seen one, but what do you suppose an autographed 1971 Topps Thurman Munson would go for?

I have an autographed 1997 Topps Derek Jeter. They aren't uncommon at all, but I still see them sell in the neighborhood of $150. I would bet the Munson would be 10x to 20x that.

Michael

Last edited:
One was listed recently for $1200/OBO. It didn't sell in auction, but I am told it sold off ebay. I missed one a few years back that went for just under $400. I don't expect to ever get that card, but I hope to possibly finish the set otherwise.

I have revised my list and with 2010 Topps Update, there are some new trophy variation cards. If anyone has these cards signed or can get unsigned copies signed, I will trade for or buy them if the deal is right. I can possibly send cards to be signed, but as of now, I don't have most of the unsigned cards.