New Blog!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yawnbosc

Prospect
Evening all, wanted to post this here incase anyone is interested in following—I just started a new blog this month called Cardboard Millennial.

Still figuring out the exact format and cadence for entries but right now the plan is to open packs of 1990 Leaf, scan and upload the cards from each pack but pick one to focus on for the bulk of the entry and see where that takes me. Sort of an amalgamation of topics spanning baseball, cards, and life. If you have a chance, check it out and feedback is always welcome!

https://cardboardmillennial.blogspot.com

Thanks!

You must have a ton of unopened '90 Leaf wax.... one of the nicer sets for it's year, a card centric person might compare & contrast the other 1990 cards made of that player by the different card companies. A handful of '70s HOFers were still playing: Molitor, Trammell, Fisk, etc. & '80s HOFers: Smoltz, Maddux and company, some interesting RCs like Ventura, Grissom, Olerud, Justice (although, I think Donruss, for the same year, did a better job covering the rookies).... and wouldn't it be fun to have you pull the Larry Walker RC or, better yet, a no-name Frank Thomas card, because it didn't exist until now! Good luck and have fun....

Yeah, I’ve got a box of series I as well as series II to open up and document. The first Leaf cards I ever saw were actually the ‘91 design, which I still really like (the sort of gray picture frame deal), but a trip to a card show this year and picking up a box made me think it could be a lot of fun to open a box of cards and use a card from each pack as a prompt for a blog. My pov is definitely more from the baseball/life perspective than straight card history though, as I’m very new to collecting cards but not new to baseball.

I’d settle for a lowly first of its kind no name Sosa RC…haha though I guess unlike the topps 1990 cards, the 90 leaf set would look pretty slick without names/positions, since it’d just be a clean white border—1953 bowman here we come!

Thanks for the support!
-John