New Paypal Charge

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Looks like paypal is now charging 1% for "gift" payments. I just paid a fellow benchie $22.10 with paypal gift, because that was exact postage for what they're sending me, and I had to pay an extra 22 cents to complete the transaction.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Thanks for the information....if their going to charge for it.....I just might start up with it again! Best regards, David

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
Thanks for the information....if their going to charge for it.....I just might start up with it again! Best regards, David

Yeah, they charge 3% for regular payments even if it's a paypal account to paypal account transaction I think we should all do gift payments anytime we can.

Somebody's ripping you off and you find a way to reduce the theft, go for it.

and NO, I don't begrudge paypal making money. BUT, something like an account transfer for a 3% charge is outrageous !

stephj24

4.90 star(s)
Staff member
Yeah, they charge 3% for regular payments even if it's a paypal account to paypal account transaction I think we should all do gift payments anytime we can.

Somebody's ripping you off and you find a way to reduce the theft, go for it.

and NO, I don't begrudge paypal making money. BUT, something like an account transfer for a 3% charge is outrageous !

As long as there is no buyer protection during a gift transaction, you won't find me sending any payment as a gift. The mod team has seen too many TGB tickets with Paypal gift transactions gone awry. Caution is advised when using Paypal gift.

Steph

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
As long as there is no buyer protection during a gift transaction, you won't find me sending any payment as a gift. The mod team has seen too many TGB tickets with Paypal gift transactions gone awry. Caution is advised when using Paypal gift.

Steph

Amazing how quickly times have changed. Seems like just yesterday people would send me checks, money orders and cash based solely on my online reputation. It deeply saddens me the way ebay/paypal has convinced so many people that the only safe way to do any transaction with someone is to be "protected" by them. Kind of ironic since originally ebay was based on the principle "that most people are honest".

nerk01

5.00 star(s)
Looks like paypal is now charging 1% for "gift" payments. I just paid a fellow benchie $22.10 with paypal gift, because that was exact postage for what they're sending me, and I had to pay an extra 22 cents to complete the transaction.

I looked over the policies on Paypal.com. Could the fellow bench member be from another country? They now charge a 1% fee to transfer between accounts from different countries. No where did I find anything about gift's being charged a fee.

- Jon

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
I looked over the policies on Paypal.com. Could the fellow bench member be from another country? They now charge a 1% fee to transfer between accounts from different countries. No where did I find anything about gift's being charged a fee.

- Jon

You know what, you're probably right ! The person I paid is in Europe.