New postage rates for 2016 starting on Jan 17, 2016!

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Looks like mainly priority mail will be taking the hits this year...... Posted by the USPO.."Priority mail has not been increased for three years". Best regards, David

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I see USPS click and ship will be discontinued. Do you think that paypal discounts will be discontinued?

from what i've gathered i think many will be a thing of the past , but according to the announcement posted on ebay , they will still be offering discounted shipping rates when labels are printed online via ebay shipping (which is still essentially pay pal shipping).....

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
from what i've gathered i think many will be a thing of the past , but according to the announcement posted on ebay , they will still be offering discounted shipping rates when labels are printed online via ebay shipping (which is still essentially pay pal shipping).....

That's good news. Best regards, David

pmanningsfan73

Veteran
5.00 star(s)

Hopefully the eBay/Paypal shipping part is true. I ship through Paypal using the multi-shipping tool which saves me 50 cents right now instead of shipping at the post office. The best & only good thing about the $2.60 is that the cost will cover up to 8 ounces First Class mail.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hopefully the eBay/Paypal shipping part is true. I ship through Paypal using the multi-shipping tool which saves me 50 cents right now instead of shipping at the post office. The best & only good thing about the $2.60 is that the cost will cover up to 8 ounces First Class mail.

i'm HOPING i'm wrong , but from what i gathered , the only pay pal shipping that will still get the discount will be those involving ebay sales...here's the message from ebay :

USPS® rate increases coming in 2016
The USPS has announced rate increases beginning January 17, 2016 on many shipping services, including Priority Mail® and First Class® Package services. As in the past, we’re working directly with the USPS to keep these rates low by leveraging the volume our sellers generate to secure great discounts. Check out our infographic for more details on what you can expect, what we’re doing to minimize the impact of these changes, and how you can save on shipping using eBay labels. - See more at: http://announcements.ebay.com/2015/...stimated-delivery-dates/#sthash.8spc0q2E.dpuf

the "infographic" contains this :

2016 USPS ® RATE INCREASES
* Based on current domestic shipping rates
** For current Priority Mail ® domestic shipping rates

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The USPS has announced rate increases for select mail classes and services. The rate increases take effect JANUARY 17, 2016.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

USPS PRIORITY MAIL ® SERVICE
• 9.8% average increase
FIRST CLASS ® PACKAGE SERVICE
• 12.8% average increase
• Weight maximums will increase to 1 lb.
ALL OTHER USPS SERVICES
• 9.5% average increase
• USPS.com through Click-N-Ship will only offer
retail prices without Commercial Base ® discounts

WHAT EBAY IS DOING
Offering all sellers subscription-free pricing discounts -
up to 37%* off Priority Mail ® and 22%* off First Class ® Package Service compared to retail rates
Working with USPS to minimize the impact of the price increase for our sellers

the words i highlighted in red are what lead me to believe the discounts may not apply to ALL shipping paid via pay pal....

pmanningsfan73

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
i'm HOPING i'm wrong , but from what i gathered , the only pay pal shipping that will still get the discount will be those involving ebay sales...here's the message from ebay :

USPS® rate increases coming in 2016
The USPS has announced rate increases beginning January 17, 2016 on many shipping services, including Priority Mail® and First Class® Package services. As in the past, we’re working directly with the USPS to keep these rates low by leveraging the volume our sellers generate to secure great discounts. Check out our infographic for more details on what you can expect, what we’re doing to minimize the impact of these changes, and how you can save on shipping using eBay labels. - See more at: http://announcements.ebay.com/2015/...stimated-delivery-dates/#sthash.8spc0q2E.dpuf

the "infographic" contains this :

2016 USPS ® RATE INCREASES
* Based on current domestic shipping rates
** For current Priority Mail ® domestic shipping rates

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The USPS has announced rate increases for select mail classes and services. The rate increases take effect JANUARY 17, 2016.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

USPS PRIORITY MAIL ® SERVICE
• 9.8% average increase
FIRST CLASS ® PACKAGE SERVICE
• 12.8% average increase
• Weight maximums will increase to 1 lb.
ALL OTHER USPS SERVICES
• 9.5% average increase
• USPS.com through Click-N-Ship will only offer
retail prices without Commercial Base ® discounts

WHAT EBAY IS DOING
Offering all sellers subscription-free pricing discounts -
up to 37%* off Priority Mail ® and 22%* off First Class ® Package Service compared to retail rates
Working with USPS to minimize the impact of the price increase for our sellers

the words i highlighted in red are what lead me to believe the discounts may not apply to ALL shipping paid via pay pal....

Thanks for that information. Either way I guess I'm still saving on gas using paypal lol.

Beachbum

Veteran
5.00 star(s)

Essentially kills the small trade in bubble envelopes for me because 90% of my trades probably fit under the old 3 oz price.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
they've actually tweaked it a bit in the past week (at least the ebay discounts - i can't speak on non-ebay transactions at this time since i havent shipped any of those recently)...

when they first made the change , any parcel from 1-7.99 ounces cost 2.60 while packages 8 ounces and up cost a bit more....the package i sent out last friday still fell under this pricing structure....shipped out another item today and noticed a few small changes ....1-3 ounces now cost 2.54.....from 4-7 ounces all are "discounted" to 2.60....i forget which without going back and creating a label , but at either 8 , 9 , or 10 ounces the rate soars up to 3.30...the next ounce makes it 3.35....was running late so i didn't go any further ....

the jump is a bit heavy , but in the end , it's still by FAR the cheapest way to get packages all over the country (just imagine the cost of shipping a one ounce package cross-country via usps and then compare that to ups , fedex , or even worse , driving it there yourself....)