chief wahoo

5.00 star(s)
I'm having issues with threads not showing up when I select New Posts. It seems to be a problem only on my threads or on other threads where I have replied.

When I go to the specific forum (e.g., Baseball for Sale/Trade), they show up fine.

Not sure what's going on. Mike, hope you can help. Thanks!

criollos

5.00 star(s)
Hi Chief:

I brought this up a couple of weeks ago, and they told me I had to click on "Today's Posts" to see any thread I have already seen. I have been here for many years and this change is throwing me for a loop.

It just happened to me right now: I saw your post and the main page. Read it and did not reply. Then went back to the main page to reply and the post wasn't there anymore. Had to go to "Today's Post" to find it again.

Me no like this change.

Luis

chief wahoo

5.00 star(s)
Hi Chief:

I brought this up a couple of weeks ago, and they told me I had to click on "Today's Posts" to see any thread I have already seen. I have been here for many years and this change is throwing me for a loop.

It just happened to me right now: I saw your post and the main page. Read it and did not reply. Then went back to the main page to reply and the post wasn't there anymore. Had to go to "Today's Post" to find it again.

Me no like this change.

Luis
Luis, concuerdo completamente.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I added a link into the main navigation for "Today's Posts", just to the left of the "New Posts" link.

t.rooster

4.90 star(s)
I have not seen any of my new posts in the "New Posts" don't see them at all, anyone else have that issue?

criollos

5.00 star(s)
I have not seen any of my new posts in the "New Posts" don't see them at all, anyone else have that issue?

That’s what Chief and I are saying. The new system/program (whatever) is not putting threads on the main “New Posts” page if you have already seen all the responses to that particular thread.

HoosierBuddy

5.00 star(s)
That’s what Chief and I are saying. The new system/program (whatever) is not putting threads on the main “New Posts” page if you have already seen all the responses to that particular thread.

That's because you've seen the most recent post, and there are not any NEW posts.

HoosierBuddy

5.00 star(s)

That's because you've seen the most recent post, and there are not any NEW posts.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
We understand that concept. It’s not just the way it used to be......and we old farts sometimes have trouble with change.

The problem is that the system simply was broken before. The threads that you had/hadn't read weren't being recorded accurately so it was showing you "new" threads that weren't even new anymore. I didn't change the system. I actually just fixed it. Ha! I know it'll be tough to get used to because it's different from the way it was before, but hopefully having a "New Posts" and a "Today's Posts" link will help. The "Today's Posts" should show them all, whether you've read them or not, just like the old way the "New Posts" was working.

criollos

5.00 star(s)
The problem is that the system simply was broken before. The threads that you had/hadn't read weren't being recorded accurately so it was showing you "new" threads that weren't even new anymore. I didn't change the system. I actually just fixed it. Ha! I know it'll be tough to get used to because it's different from the way it was before, but hopefully having a "New Posts" and a "Today's Posts" link will help. The "Today's Posts" should show them all, whether you've read them or not, just like the old way the "New Posts" was working.

Exactly. I don't think any of us were complaining. We were just trying to figure out what was going on, which is different to what we were used to. No harm, no foul.

Please understand that we thought that our new threads or our "bumped" threads were not getting to the front of the line in the main page. Now we understand that that is not the case; is just that because we have already seen it, it's not going to show up in our main page until a new post is written on that thread. We got it now.

Thank you for all the help and explanation.

Luis

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I'm thinking that the post may not be new to you, but others should see the posts as new. When I'm looking for my own threads, I use the option that is already available for that. Look under "Quick Links" and you should see subscribed threads.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
We understand that concept. It’s not just the way it used to be......and we old farts sometimes have trouble with change.

I love u man! You made me laugh...during this stressful time your worth your weight in gold! Stay Safe! Best regards, David

criollos

5.00 star(s)
I love u man! You made me laugh...during this stressful time your worth your weight in gold! Stay Safe! Best regards, David

Thank you David. Trying to keep up with the young, hip crowd is not easy......but it keeps us young at heart.

We all love you back David.

Luis