New ride!

Jeffo65

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I have not been trading lately, due to the fact that I have been selling parts of my collection (extras) to help fuel my new passions. I have taken up the sports of running and biking. I have been doing running races for as long as I can remember, but over the past two years have picked up racing bikes and combined the two sports as well. I have competed in a number of duathlons (run-bike-run) and will be competing in my first triathlon (swim-bike-run) this September. My wife has been supportive, even if it has been very costly. Thus the reason for selling some cards/sets/etc.

Yesterday I upgraded my Mountain Bike to a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert 29er. Sweet ride!

http://tinyurl.com/349dn4z

Now I am riding both Specialized Road and a Specialized Mountain bike.

Besides getting in shape, I have found that small nagging injuries take much longer to heal now than when I was younger.

Some of the things I have noticed have been ...

--It takes longer for injuries to heal
--Camaraderie. It does not matter if you are a beginner or an elite racer at the end, we have all acomplished our goal
--Women look better than men do in wetsuits
--Quality parts/apparel/gadgets do cost $$
--There is always someone faster than you
--Elite racers always are willing to give out pointers
--Personal best times get harder and harder to beat as you get older
--Everyone hates hills whether biking or running
--Enjoy yourself while you are out competing
--Most large races offer beer at the end for racers

I could go on and on

Last edited:

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
I admire the dedication you've been putting into your training Jeff! You've been a beast this year:)

David K.

5.00 star(s)
  • 1. Healthy life style
  • 2. Getting to load up on carbos the day before a race like Spaghetti
  • 3. Getting to see healthy and some beauty bodies (ladies)
  • 4. Helping the planet by going green!
  • 5. Having fun!
Just a few of the positive things your doing! Best regards, David

Jeffo65

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Thanks guys.

Today a small group of us went on a hard (avg 22 mph) 20 mile ride and followed it up with a 3 mile run. Tough, but we made it. One of the riders with us was a 34 year old women who is very strong on the bike and we all stayed together. Legs felt like wet noodles for the first mile of the run. After the run it was ice down and massage. Next time I may skip the ride, run and ice and go right to the massage ;)

Sponsors