New TTM Manager

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Today I'm pleased to announce the release of our upgraded TTM Manager. This thing has been offline since I upgraded the site back in September, just waiting on a re-write. After quite some time, it's now ready to work!

You can see the new TTM Manager here:

I was able to retain most of the data from the old TTM Manager so if you had submitted your TTM requests before, they should still show up. Some of the dates on those submissions may be wrong (I know there is one showing it was submitted in the year 2103), but if your TTM requests are wrong, you should still be able to go in and fix the dates, if you still have a ballpark range for when they happened. The dates on the individual requests were actually text dates, and they were largely inconsistent. Because of that I wasn't able to write a script that would automatically convert them all. Most of them will be accurate, but there will be some that are wrong.

All players and address data from the old TTM Manager have been retained, and all of the data there is accurate, assuming it was accurate before.

Here are a few things to note about this new feature.

First, anyone can add players that aren't already listed. If you want to find out if a player exists, you can browse players by category. They're listed in alphabetical order, by last name. You can also use our search. If you're viewing the TTM currently, you will have the option to search "Everywhere" or "TTM". Choosing TTM will search through the TTM players only. Alternatively, you can just add "ttm" to the end of a player's name (ie. "tony parker ttm"). This can be done from any page on the site, but may also include any other content that includes the keywords "tony parker ttm".

Once you're viewing a player's listing page, you will see a list of all the addresses we have for that player, along with some statistical details about the submissions we have for that address. Again, any member can add an address to any player, but it is advisable that you make sure the address you're about to add isn't already listed. I noticed, during importing the data, that there are a few addresses listed twice but with a different format. With each address that is added, you will also be able to add any additional info that other member's might need to know about mailing to that specific address (such as if they require a donation).

Finally, you can submit your TTM data for each of your requests. The information we're requesting includes mail date, the number of items you sent, a received date, the number of items that were returned, and whether you consider this a success or fail. You will also be able to add additional comments, as well as upload any pictures you have of your success.

We encourage members to use this as a tracker for all their personal TTM requests. You can submit your TTM data to us when you mail out, and update it when you get the package back, or if you simply give up on it and want to call it a fail.

As always, feel free to post any issues, questions, or things you would like to see different.

Good luck in your TTM adventures! I look forward to seeing them in the TTM Manager!

Last edited:

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Today I'm pleased to announce the release of our upgraded TTM Manager. This thing has been offline since I upgraded the site back in September, just waiting on a re-write. After quite some time, it's now ready to work!

You can see the new TTM Manager here:

I was able to retain most of the data from the old TTM Manager so if you had submitted your TTM requests before, they should still show up. Some of the dates on those submissions may be wrong (I know there is one showing it was submitted in the year 2103), but if your TTM requests are wrong, you should still be able to go in and fix the dates, if you still have a ballpark range for when they happened. The dates on the individual requests were actually text dates, and they were largely inconsistent. Because of that I wasn't able to write a script that would automatically convert them all. Most of them will be accurate, but there will be some that are wrong.

All players and address data from the old TTM Manager have been retained, and all of the data there is accurate, assuming it was accurate before.

Here are a few things to note about this new feature.

First, anyone can add players that aren't already listed. If you want to find out if a player exists, you can browse players by category. They're listed in alphabetical order, by last name. You can also use our search. If you're viewing the TTM currently, you will have the option to search "Everywhere" or "TTM". Choosing TTM will search through the TTM players only. Alternatively, you can just add "ttm" to the end of a player's name (ie. "tony parker ttm"). This can be done from any page on the site, but may also include any other content that includes the keywords "tony parker ttm".

Once you're viewing a player's listing page, you will see a list of all the addresses we have for that player, along with some statistical details about the submissions we have for that address. Again, any member can add an address to any player, but it is advisable that you make sure the address you're about to add isn't already listed. I noticed, during importing the data, that there are a few addresses listed twice but with a different format. With each address that is added, you will also be able to add any additional info that other member's might need to know about mailing to that specific address (such as if they require a donation).

Finally, you can submit your TTM data for each of your requests. The information we're requesting includes mail date, the number of items you sent, a received date, the number of items that were returned, and whether you consider this a success or fail. You will also be able to add additional comments, as well as upload any pictures you have of your success.

We encourage members to use this as a tracker for all their personal TTM requests. You can submit your TTM data to us when you mail out, and update it when you get the package back, or if you simply give up on it and want to call it a fail.

As always, feel free to post any issues, questions, or things you would like to see different.

Good luck in your TTM adventures! I look forward to seeing them in the TTM Manager!
Love this great feature! Thanks for all of your work on it, Mike!!

Blessings,

Kevin

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Mike, You must have put a lot of work into this and I appreciate it as always.. This appreas to be a monsterous effort and I am happy you have achieved it.

I have never been involved with TTM, so my question is probably dumb. When I click on "browse players" should there still be a player name search. There are 79 pages of baseball to go through and I don't know what you mean when you say a player can be looked up from anywhere on the site.

Tahnks. Dave

Last edited:

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Mike, You must have put a lot of work into this and I appreciate it as always.. This appreas to be a monsterous effort and I am happy you have achieved it.

I have never been involved with TTM, so my question is probably dumb. When I click on "browse players" should there still be a player name search. There are 79 pages of baseball to go through and I don't know what you mean when you say a player can be looked up from anywhere on the site.

Tahnks. Dave
@anglinomics

Dave, the regular search bar works to enter a name for a player search! Enter whatever players name you want, and it will give you the results!

Blessings,

Kevin

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
@anglinomics

Dave, the regular search bar works to enter a name for a player search! Enter whatever players name you want, and it will give you the results!

Blessings,

Kevin

Kevin, Can you give me a link to where I can enter the name, because I still don't understand. Thanks. Dave

Or what should I type to get Koufax? What is the format?

Last edited:

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Kevin, Can you give me a link to where I can enter the name, because I still don't understand. Thanks. Dave

You can search using the search function anywhere on the forums, as shown here:

ttm-search.jpg

So, if you wanted to look for Koufax, you would search for "koufax ttm", without the quotes. Unfortunately an address for Koufax doesn't exist, but maybe someone will add one soon.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)

Look for the search bar at the top of the page, it looks like a small magnifying glass.
Screenshot_20210529-100855~2.png

Click on the magnifying glass and the search box will pop out, enter Koufax, and it should take your to results!

Hope that helps friend!

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
What about players who passed away doesn't make sense to send a TTM so there address needs to be deleted
There is 2 I entered VIrgil Trucks and Darren Daulton there could be more

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
What about players who passed away doesn't make sense to send a TTM so there address needs to be deleted
There is 2 I entered VIrgil Trucks and Darren Daulton there could be more
I have an update coming soon that will let moderators mark players as deceased so you'll only need to report those players and we can get it taken care of. Hopefully that will be updated this week.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
I have an update coming soon that will let moderators mark players as deceased so you'll only need to report those players and we can get it taken care of. Hopefully that will be updated this week.
Now what about address changes I am sure some no longer reside at the address listed especially anything earlier than 2015 or so

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Now what about address changes I am sure some no longer reside at the address listed especially anything earlier than 2015 or so
Anyone can add new addresses so if you have an updated one, add it and it will be listed with the date so folks will know it's more recent.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
This is excellent. The more sources out there for TTMers the better. The Bench and SCN were my two main sources until things went to hell in a handbasket here, so it's awesome to see this fixed up.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
This is excellent. The more sources out there for TTMers the better. The Bench and SCN were my two main sources until things went to hell in a handbasket here, so it's awesome to see this fixed up.
Good to hear. If you notice anything that you think should be different, please let me know.