Newb from Iowa...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrichkef30

Prospect
Hi all,

Where to start? I guess first off I live in Iowa (near Cedar Rapids). I recently got back into collecting (or hoarding as my wife would say) after collecting in the 80's early 90's, hiatus until early 2000's, then another hiatus until the last couple of years. I think I was overwhelmed by the vast amounts of products that were out there.

Anyway, even though I'm a Braves fan, I got back in collecting my favorite players from all teams in the 80's-90's era and the newer stuff, while recently shifting focus a bit towards collecting Griffey Jr. Junior was always my favorite player and I'm now discovering all the cool inserts that I'd missed out on over the years. My fledgling Griffey collection is now over 1200 cards (including dupes). I collect base, inserts, and the oddballs. Even though I do have some, the GU'ed doesn't interest me as much as some of the inserts do.

I joined this site mainly to get back up to speed and share, as none of my friends are into collecting. And maybe trade a bit when I feel comfortable with it. I've already learned a ton just from reading threads and appreciate the knowledge. Hope to contribute in the future. Thank you.

I've been to CR a few times ... went to Drake during my undergrad years. How's Dyersville these days?

Welcome to The Bench. Great place to make trades with lots of honest collectors.

Back