No NY Penn League Season

Boots

5.00 star(s)
On July 1, 2020, it was announced that there will not be a NY-Penn League season.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
No minor league baseball of any kind this year. Definitely sad - didn't get to a lot of games, but enjoyed getting to a couple each summer.

On the plus side, we are playing baseball here (at least for right now). We spent the 4th of July weekend down in Aberdeen, MD playing a 3 day tourney at the Cal Ripken Experience -- had an absolutely amazing time!! We got to play two games on Cal Sr. Field, which might as well be a minor league park!

Boots

5.00 star(s)
While I understand, it's tough on small towns where these games provide a sense of community and entertainment. Our local team, Tri-City Valley Cats, is a farm team of the Astros, so we've seen several future pros come through. We've also got a very nice stadium, with great food and very family friendly atmosphere.
Sorry to see it on (hopefully, only) hiatus.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
While I understand, it's tough on small towns where these games provide a sense of community and entertainment. Our local team, Tri-City Valley Cats, is a farm team of the Astros, so we've seen several future pros come through. We've also got a very nice stadium, with great food and very family friendly atmosphere.
Sorry to see it on (hopefully, only) hiatus.

i concur with that statement -- definitely more of a family atmosphere in the minor leagues. Our local squads are the Harrisburg Senators (Double A affiliate of the Nats) and the York Revolution, an independent league team - so no major league affiliation, but ex major leaguers will come through town every now and than.

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
Going to miss the Inland Empire 66ers games (single A for the LAA)......Had tickets to every Sunday home game....hopefully next season......Minor league games are a great time for little $$

ripahl

5.00 star(s)
No minor league baseball of any kind this year. Definitely sad - didn't get to a lot of games, but enjoyed getting to a couple each summer.

On the plus side, we are playing baseball here (at least for right now). We spent the 4th of July weekend down in Aberdeen, MD playing a 3 day tourney at the Cal Ripken Experience -- had an absolutely amazing time!! We got to play two games on Cal Sr. Field, which might as well be a minor league park!

Took teams to Ripkens Aberdeen and Myrtle. If you have no been to SC, you need to get a team there. If you had a blast in Abdeeen, SC is like a Disney experience. May I ask what team are you associated with, assuming your watching a travel tournament.

RoyHobbs9

I used to enjoy going to Batavia and Auburn to watch the NY-P games! It was minor league baseball at its finest and purest form! This is what baseball is about-starting in a small town and ultimately hitting the big time!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Took teams to Ripkens Aberdeen and Myrtle. If you have no been to SC, you need to get a team there. If you had a blast in Abdeeen, SC is like a Disney experience. May I ask what team are you associated with, assuming your watching a travel tournament.

Have heard that both the Myrtle facility and the Pigeon Forge facilities for Ripken are amazing. Maybe at some point in the future we would be able to get to one of the other facilities. Something to be said though for only having an hour or so drive to get to the final destination.