No Strasburg in A&G after all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm more pissed they didn't put Ike Davis in A&G. Could care less about Stephen Strasburg.

Well, if they told you Ike was going to be in the product, and it caused you to spend $5,000 on cases of A&G, and THEN you found out he wasn't going to be in the product... then your situation would be similar.

Personally I think it's funny. Topps is a terrible company, and MLB made a huge mistake making them the exclusive manufacturer.

They own bowman why compete against themselves?
That doesn't make sense to me.

The more products he is in......the more products they sell. If it turns out that he is a mini only (and a very tough pull to boot), I don't see people paying for the product like they have with Bowman. The upcoming Bowman Chrome is what's gonna be fun to watch.

Tim

He is suppose to be in the remaining Topps products for the rest of the year in some way or another. A bit overkill but it draws in people from other sports and non-collectors who are just Washington fans. Thats the only silver lining is that we are getting some new collectors started but the bad part about it is that they are getting in and seeing the bad side of collecting right off the bat. I just want a Chrome to finish my Bowman set and the future ones likewise but its not like I wouldnt settle for an auto.
Good Luck All
Shawn

Looks as if he is only in the rip cards as well. In other words, those Strasburgs are gonna come at about 1 every 200-300 cases!

Tim

Looks as if he is only in the rip cards as well. In other words, those Strasburgs are gonna come at about 1 every 200-300 cases!

Tim

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone thought he would be a regular mini? He was announced as #401, and that's not part of the normal 350-card set. Did Topps ever announce he would be a 1-per-pack mini like the other non-rip minis?

edit** oops, according to this auction, it wasn't a rip mini:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Topps-Alle...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35aa83da65

Aren't the min's within the rip cards autographed? I pulled a Jered Weaver rip last year, but didn't rip it as it was number 1/25 so I don't know. I would think that since it is not signed, it is going to be an SP in the mini set.