not quite passing....

Droubaysports

5.00 star(s)
First time out ..172/360.. passing is 252 for CCW but not bad for out of the box with no adjustments.. woulda been better if I had not had to listen to the machine guns too. heck at least all are in the paper.... :)

clinton

5.00 star(s)
With the statement "out of the box" it leads to many variables to form an opinion. What were you shooting? Are you familiar with the firearm? What distance? Have you used this ammo before? With sound from another gun near by I would have to ask what kind of hearing protection you were using. A set of muffs with a rating of 23-30 NRR should have kept you pretty focused from anything other than something crazy big from a few lanes away. I know I hate shooting with anybody too close to me. Here in NE we qualify at 7 yards. I know every state is different. Always nice to see a fellow 2nd amendment flag waver.

clinton

Droubaysports

5.00 star(s)
Clinton,
I just picked up a Taurus PT140 (40 caliber) and it was my first time shooting it. To qualify you use 125 grain lead free at 3 yards (6 rounds each hand with a reload between hands) , 7 yards and 15 yards (both 2 x 6 rounds with reloads both hands. I hve good hearing protection but they were firing full autos (literally machine guns) on several lanes on either side and it was crowded. here is where I practice

and yes, I am a firm believer in 2nd ammendment rights as long as people are responsible

oh and the something crazy was the idiot shooting into the next lane full auto

Kekamba

5.00 star(s)
40 S&W my favorite pistol caliber. But I do not trust a Taurus at all, probably in all honesty was just one bad apple. But I had a Millinum sub compact, in a 40 of course. Long story short, I was switching back to the Millinum after carrying a diffrent peice for the day. Im a firm beleiver if you carry to carry one with a round in the chamber. If you need it and I hope no one does, you might not have time to chamber a round. Point in case, a good friend of mine died tring to chamber a round in a mess we had here almost 10 years back. Anyways, I chambered a round and the gun went off. The round went through a bed room wall, through a pellet rifle on a gun rack and out through the side wall of the house. Luckly, where I lived there was a line of trees outside the wall and I was able to track down the round wedged in a tree. Tarus did make it right, sending me a replacement peice through a local dealer but I never even touched it and traded it on the spot to the dealer for a SxS 20ga I still use for hunting rabbits.

clinton

5.00 star(s)
wow both hands. that does kind of explain the spray. I know my groups would get much MUCH wider if I had to shoot lefty. As for the guy shooting into another lane? Get him outta there. No range officer?

Always been a big fan of revolvers but my favorite semi auto was a Taurus, an older PT908.

Droubaysports

5.00 star(s)
range guys in every lane due to full auto. they threw they guy out quick. Kek this is a 3rd generation Taurus which is well improved over earlier models including 3 types of safties. the early taurus models did have issues with misfires as well as the clip coming out due to where the release was

Droubaysports

5.00 star(s)
David could not agree more plus I was rushing myself as the shots need to be done within 60 seconds and my longest was 42 seconds. I figure another 100 to 150 through it and the grouping will tighten up enough for me to qualify for my ccw