Oakland A's / Tampa Bay Rays announce deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglg

MVP
5.00 star(s)
20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St
Athletics announce a trade with the Tampa Bay Rays..

Rays get:
MR Robby Reedy (MLB)($1.3m)
MR Sean Marshall (MLB)($680k $748k(A))
MR Mario Colon (MLB) ($432k $432k $432k $648k(A) $648k(A) $648k(A))
MR Brandon Morrow (MLB) ($675k $743k(A))

A's get:
SP Carlos Ayala (MLB)($12.0m $13.0m $12.4m(A) $12.4m(A) $12.4m(A))
CF Andruw McCutchen (MLB)($3.8m $4.8m(A) $4.8m(A))

I think I posted it right. If not, please let me know what I did wrong.

Last edited:
Trade is under committee review. I will let you know what we come up with as soon as I can.

The trade committee has denied this trade in its current form as being too lopsided in Oakland's favor.

Trading away mid to low tier relievers for an established 5 star SP, an average controllable OF, and 2 low-mid prospects is not passable.

There also is a precedent that salary dumps alone are not a valid reason to not seek fair compensation in return, especially given the depth of the team's systems.

It is the trade committees' suggestion that either McCutchen OR both of the low-mid prospects are removed from the trade, which it will remain unbalanced, but in a passable state given all circumstances involved.

If the trade is reworked, post it in a new thread. Thanks.

Trade has been reposted, and I also just editted the original to reflect the removal of both prospects.

The trade committee has denied this trade in its current form as being too lopsided in Oakland's favor.

Trading away mid to low tier relievers for an established 5 star SP, an average controllable OF, and 2 low-mid prospects is not passable.

There also is a precedent that salary dumps alone are not a valid reason to not seek fair compensation in return, especially given the depth of the team's systems.

It is the trade committees' suggestion that either McCutchen OR both of the low-mid prospects are removed from the trade, which it will remain unbalanced, but in a passable state given all circumstances involved.

If the trade is reworked, post it in a new thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back