Ok, anyone think their cells the best? I need to know...

TJCloutier

5.00 star(s)
Looking for a new cell phone. Max $200. (buying on eBay) and I can't upgrade cause my contracts not up or whatever. I have an LG Vu, upgraded well (downgraded) to the Samsung Propel. Which I dropped in the ocean (things like that never happen to me :( ) Now I'm looking at the Prada.

I know Prada's a major fashion line but I like the design of the phone. I can get one used for around 125 or new for about 160. I'm mainly looking for a touch and a keyboard phone. But I would live with the prada as it's like the Vu but just designed diff.ly anyone have opinions?

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/lg-ke850-prada-unlocked/4505-6454_7-32316442.html

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Be free like me and don't have a cell. I have always felt that only truly important people (i.e. doctors, high volume salespeople, and executives) need to be contacted 24/7. To be truthful I do have a Trackphone which keep in the glove box just in case of an emergency.

Otherwise, I have seen too many people misuse their cells. My students (I teach middle school during the school year and 9th grade in the summer) think that I am just old-fashioned and I tell them that I have fewer bills than their parents because of it.

As an added reason to not have a cell phone is that here in the in wilds of upstate NY, I have yet to see a cell phone that work in most of the areas I go every day. I do not forsee this changing because there are so few people where I live (nearesest neighbor is 1/4 mile away) that most of the people in my town do not even have cable as option.

robert326

4.90 star(s)
Be free like me and don't have a cell. I have always felt that only truly important people (i.e. doctors, high volume salespeople, and executives) need to be contacted 24/7. To be truthful I do have a Trackphone which keep in the glove box just in case of an emergency.

Otherwise, I have seen too many people misuse their cells. My students (I teach middle school during the school year and 9th grade in the summer) think that I am just old-fashioned and I tell them that I have fewer bills than their parents because of it.

As an added reason to not have a cell phone is that here in the in wilds of upstate NY, I have yet to see a cell phone that work in most of the areas I go every day. I do not foresee this changing because there are so few people where I live (nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away) that most of the people in my town do not even have cable as option.

Interesting and refreshing read. Until recently, I was of a similar school of thought. I felt I was either home, in the office, or out (and therefore, not available, so leave a message). In mid-2006, a young lady I was seeing gave me a Tracfone as a gift, which I used from approximately mid-2006 to early 2008. Have to say it met my needs and the quality of reception was better than expected (during this time, I also worked in the O.R. and had a hospital-issued pager if I needed to be reached "right away").

Now the sad news...early last year I started a new job and was issued a blackberry.:eek: Now I'm afraid I can't live without it. 2 weeks back, I turned in my previous BB because the thumbwheel had gotten worn out. I got the same model (8700c) and the phone is reconditioned but works great. It even has facebook, gmail and Google Maps on the "desktop" but since the company pays the bill, I feel guilty about using those cool apps (haven't used them...yet) :D.

TJCloutier

5.00 star(s)
Interesting and refreshing read. Until recently, I was of a similar school of thought. I felt I was either home, in the office, or out (and therefore, not available, so leave a message). In mid-2006, a young lady I was seeing gave me a Tracfone as a gift, which I used from approximately mid-2006 to early 2008. Have to say it met my needs and the quality of reception was better than expected (during this time, I also worked in the O.R. and had a hospital-issued pager if I needed to be reached "right away").

Now the sad news...early last year I started a new job and was issued a blackberry.:eek: Now I'm afraid I can't live without it. 2 weeks back, I turned in my previous BB because the thumbwheel had gotten worn out. I got the same model (8700c) and the phone is reconditioned but works great. It even has facebook, gmail and Google Maps on the "desktop" but since the company pays the bill, I feel guilty about using those cool apps (haven't used them...yet) :D.

lol, exactly. I can't live without my cell phone now. Well I could, but I really don't want to. I like to text my friends, wether or not you like texting or not :p

Mark Wing

5.00 star(s)

I am with you. I have a TracFone and it costs me less than $100 per year. In my case, a more advanced cell phone would be just an expensive toy I probably wouldn't use enough to justify the cost.

Mark

brocklanders34

4.90 star(s)
just a waste of money

do not get sprint, and stay away from at&t like the plague

cricket wireless has some cheap plans, its not a fashion show its a way of communication

75zito

5.00 star(s)
You can buy iPhone.. and then buy prepaid SIM card and it will work in your iPhone w/o data plan!!! This way you can spend what you want on a monthly bill and still have the one of the best "smart phones" on the market..

The iPhone does have 2 things that stink about it:

1. cant lock phone when you want.. must wait 1 min
2. no picture text messages

a few other gripes for AT&T but I would be here all day!