Opinions on two auto'd baseballs

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Done some research into these, but would like to hear other's opinions. Real....or no real!

Frank Thomas (on an "Official American League Ball" with a Comiskey Park Inaugural Year stamp):

The stamp:

Bob Gibson on a generic Rawlings ball:

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
I should have stated that the Gibson was purchased around 1993 or so. His signature has definitely started to shake on his newer stuff with his advancing age. Also, I bought the Gibson at a Sam's Club of all places. They had a bunch of boxes with packs in them, and each box also contained an autographed baseball. The thing was, you could see the ball so you got to pick who you wanted!

The Thomas is the one I'm really not sure about. My dad bought it for me on my 14th birthday, I'm pretty sure. So around 1992 I believe. Comiskey opened in '91, so I would say it was either '91 or '92. I've noticed his newer signature is a little different than this one, but I've seen magazines with a very similar signature to mine slabbed with a PSA/DNA sticker.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
I have a Frank Thomas AU baseball from 2007 and the signature does look quite a bit different

Yea, I think he is one of those guys whose signature has changed over the years. Would love to find someone with a signature from approximately the same time.

The GU Guy

4.80 star(s)
also have a thomas auto ball from last year at yankee stadium and there is not tbat big a diffrence and these players cant sighn the same all the time

mindbinge

5.00 star(s)
only thing with the Thomas that bothers me is that it is rather bold...most of the Frankers I've seen he tends to be a light sig so to speak...especially around the edges...if you know what I'm saying.

Gibson looks pretty good to me.