Paranormal Activity

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Anyone seen this movie? I just watched it today. Got it last night, but heard so many stories about how scary it was that I waited until today to watch it!! :eek:

Gotta say, it was pretty creepy. Very minimal movie, excellent use of the viewers imagination to provide the scares. Don't want to give anything away, but it's rated R only for the language if that gives you an idea of how the movie works.

Anyway, if you are a fan of scary movies I recommend it.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I went to the theater and saw it and thought it was absolutely horrible.

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
I LOVE scary movies! They just don't make them like they used to. Maybe it's because I'm older now and don't scare easily. I'm a HUGE Freedy Krueger fan! One of the more recent scary movies I enjoyed was The Strangers. My wife refuses to watch it again. I guess it could have something to do with the first time we watched it was actually in a cabin in the woods...

Thanks
Craig

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
LOL, looks like I may be the only one here who has watched it and actually liked it!

Craig - My wife refused to watch The Strangers in the first place. I thought it was okay. You know it was based on actual events? I think you'll like Paranormal Activity if you like The Strangers. No bloody stuff, but just the suggestion of something out of the ordinary was awesome in my opinion...just don't ask David K, mm1sub, or siksyko!!

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
I LOVE scary movies! They just don't make them like they used to. Maybe it's because I'm older now and don't scare easily. I'm a HUGE Freedy Krueger fan! One of the more recent scary movies I enjoyed was The Strangers. My wife refuses to watch it again. I guess it could have something to do with the first time we watched it was actually in a cabin in the woods...

Thanks
Craig
Hey Craig
Hell you dont scare easily.:eek: then you will be scaredwait til you see me in Cooperstown:eek: :eek: :eek:
Later
Tom

Chavezforprez

5.00 star(s)

Thanks
Craig

They are making a new Nightmare on Elm Street. There is info on IMDB.com.

97honda

5.00 star(s)
I loved Paranormal Activity. I have it yet haven't watched the alternate ending. I am also a huge fan of Demology and actual hauntings as well though.

Nightmare on Elm Street is my favorite horror series of all time. I have the collection and still randomly watch them. The new one will not be the same.

loftheb

5.00 star(s)
Saw it in the theater... I like scary movies that play on the mind more than about gore and violence. This movie was right down my path. It drew comparisons to Blair Witch Project, but this one was much better.
Paranormal Activity is very creepy if you don't need nonstop action and like buildup.
-Casey

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
I was going to rent it yesterday but my wife wouldnt let me because I am leaving town this week for work :rolleyes:

TJCloutier

5.00 star(s)
Anyone seen this movie? I just watched it today. Got it last night, but heard so many stories about how scary it was that I waited until today to watch it!! :eek:

Gotta say, it was pretty creepy. Very minimal movie, excellent use of the viewers imagination to provide the scares. Don't want to give anything away, but it's rated R only for the language if that gives you an idea of how the movie works.

Anyway, if you are a fan of scary movies I recommend it.

No offense to your opinion but I have the complete opposite reaction. It was LEGIT the worse movie I've ever watched in my life. It wasn't scary whatsoever... Everyone told me it was great and scary... what movies are scary compared to this movie besides everyone ever made? I saw the movie Funny People the other day and that was scarier then this one was and I'm not even being sarcastic. Figure that one out.

As you can see im still mad that I paid 7 bucks to watch this movie a few months ago. Ugh

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Just curious, what movies have you watched that you thought were scary? If it was the worst movie you've ever watched, then you must not have watched The Stepford Wives (2004). That movie sucked hardcore.

Tim Carroll

5.00 star(s)
I like movies where your own imagination supplies the horror. I'll have to check this one out!

By the way, my favorite movie of all-time is a low-budget horror film that does not have all of the gore. The movie is FRAILTY, and it stars Bill Paxton and Mathew McCono-Everhowyouspellhisname. If you haven't seen that movie, prepare to be enlightened!

Tim

97honda

5.00 star(s)
TJ- I'm not sure what you consider a scary movie? Maybe your version of "Horror" is actually more the "Gore" genre. I don't see Saw or Hostel, Turistas and the like as horror movies. Those are all gore. This is the best kind of Horror movie, you can't really see what's there or say that it couldn't happen. After all there have been thousands of supposed demonic possesions throughout the world and in every religion.

Tim Carroll- Frailty is also a great movie.

SevensGotAGun

5.00 star(s)
I had the greatest laugh last week. My younger brother who is 27 and lives with my parents is big into Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, A Haunting and all those tv shows. Ive seen things to the point that I dont do ghost/demon movies anymore either. My wife's not around anymore and I gotta sleep by myself..lol. My younger brother always seem to find humor in this....that was until last week. He brought home Paranormal Activity for the night and watched it by himself after all were in bed. Wouldnt go asleep until after daylight for the next 2 days....lol! I dont even want to know why he got so spooked but it was funny as hell. Now when the ghost commercials come on TV we all just look at him and laugh.