Paypal question

reickholt

5.00 star(s)
I know that many of you use Paypal as an easy way to buy and sell your cards. I have used rather effortlessly to purchase items but I have always hesitated to sell items because I have had what seems like nothing but trouble trying to access the money after the transaction.
So...…. my question to all of you is this.
In the past I have just had them send me a check (they charge $1.50) for the check if I let the money set in my account and make other sales will they still charge me $1.50 for each transaction or just charge me one time?

Next question

Is there an easy way to transfer the to my to my ebay Paypal account? If not an easy way to transfer to my checking/savings account? (My back is NOT on the list of banks to select)

I apologize for being so "modern day" illiterate. Any suggestions of help would be truly appreciated.
Rick

jaxbraves

5.00 star(s)
Rick not sure what you are doing. Do you want the money received from a sale to go into your own bank account? Is that the $1.50 they are charging you to do so?

This is what I do. I have a specific credit card assigned to my PayPal and eBay account. If I do not have any balance in my PayPal and I buy
something something it gets charged to my credit card and then I pay it off. If I have a balance in PayPal I use that to buy a card. If the card is more than
what I have in PayPal the difference gets charge to my credit card. I prefer not to have a bank account tied to PayPal. If i ever sell a card that is a lot
of money I know PayPal can cut a check. If they charge $1.50 to do that I am ok with it. But I have never sold something that huge that would require
me do do that.

reickholt

5.00 star(s)
Rick not sure what you are doing. Do you want the money received from a sale to go into your own bank account? Is that the $1.50 they are charging you to do so?

This is what I do. I have a specific credit card assigned to my PayPal and eBay account. If I do not have any balance in my PayPal and I buy
something something it gets charged to my credit card and then I pay it off. If I have a balance in PayPal I use that to buy a card. If the card is more than
what I have in PayPal the difference gets charge to my credit card. I prefer not to have a bank account tied to PayPal. If i ever sell a card that is a lot
of money I know PayPal can cut a check. If they charge $1.50 to do that I am ok with it. But I have never sold something that huge that would require
me do do that.

Thanks, one of the things I'm trying to avoid are the charges they want to access for the transfer of the money. $1.50 for check and if I read it correctly this morning $1 to transfer to bank.

If there are XXXXX dollars in the account at tis time - and I do have the account tied to a credit card - will I be able to apply that amount to a purchase on ebay?

chief wahoo

5.00 star(s)
Thanks, one of the things I'm trying to avoid are the charges they want to access for the transfer of the money. $1.50 for check and if I read it correctly this morning $1 to transfer to bank.

If there are XXXXX dollars in the account at tis time - and I do have the account tied to a credit card - will I be able to apply that amount to a purchase on ebay?

Mine is set up the same way that jaxbraves does it.

Let's say you have a paypal balance of $25. If you buy something on ebay for $40, they'll take from your paypal balance first. So in the end, your paypal balance is zero, and the difference of $15 goes on the credit card linked to your paypal.

reickholt

5.00 star(s)
Thanks guys. I thought at one time I had that but cant seem to get it to work that way anymore. Guess I will keep tinkering. Thanks everyone.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I have a Paypal Mastercard. I let my sales accumulate until I get over $300. Then I transfer that money to pay on my credit card. I didn't notice any fee to do that.

dan5

5.00 star(s)
Thanks guys. I thought at one time I had that but cant seem to get it to work that way anymore. Guess I will keep tinkering. Thanks everyone.

Check your credit card info in your PayPal account. If the one you have on file is passed the expiration date on the card you will need to update the info with the new cards date with PayPal.

When you transfer money to your Bank account they only charge you if you want the money instantly transferred to the account or your Debit card. The actual charge is now 1% of the amount you are transferring. There is another option that is free but it takes 1-3 business days to transfer to your bank.

Hope that helps.