Paypal Shipping Help...

David37373

5.00 star(s)
1) If it weights 3.4 ounces, for the weight do I enter 3 or 4?
2) Also I mailed like 12 envelopes saturday (1st time using paypal), and see I paid .34 more on each of them then I would of at the post office.
I had them all as Large Envelope/Package-1st Class Mail, and got charged based on a Package even though they were all envelopes....
How do I get the envelope rate?

O

oldmarine0311

depends on the size and shape of the envelope too, not just weight. got to usps.com and click on postal rates and follow the easy steps there. thats what i use, as its the usps rates anyway. but when in doubt take it to the window and do it there anyway may take a few minnutes but its easier sometimes too.

dave

David37373

5.00 star(s)
yeah I go to usps, a 1.9 oz envelope is $1.05, paypal does $1.58 ($1.39+.19del conf.), I don't know how to get it to be $1.05+.19 or just $1.05 Or if its possible to get Large Envelope rate (and not a Package).

gp2001red

5.00 star(s)
In Paypal system -- they only do labels with Delivery Confirmation.
According to postal regulations, package/envelope must be 3/4" thick to be sent with DC.
There is no way around Paypal labels without DC -- hence they are sent as Package/Thick Envelope.

If you go to the local post office, some clerks don't follow the postal guidelines. Some clerks charge "Envelope Rate" ($1.05) for small bubble mailer weighing 1 oz., while others charge "Package Rate" ($1.22) for the same size/weight bubble envelope. I've even had 1 clerk charge me 88¢ for very same size/weight bubble mailer. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

As for your question about 3.4 ounce package --
anything between full ounce weights, they go as the lower weight.
In this case -- you're OK sending as 3 oz.

Hope that helps answer some of your concerns.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
As for your question about 3.4 ounce package --
anything between full ounce weights, they go as the lower weight.
In this case -- you're OK sending as 3 oz.

That is incorrect - They round UP.

Postal rates are figured as "not over xxx". If you mail something at the 3 ounce rate you're saying it isn't over 3 ounces so if it weighs 3.4 then it goes at 4 ounce rate.

cadets68

5.00 star(s)
If you go to the local post office, some clerks don't follow the postal guidelines. Some clerks charge "Envelope Rate" ($1.05) for small bubble mailer weighing 1 oz., while others charge "Package Rate" ($1.22) for the same size/weight bubble envelope. I've even had 1 clerk charge me 88¢ for very same size/weight bubble mailer. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

[/QUOTE]

I get lots of "postage due" from people who get lucky at the post office. My PO then leaves an envelope for me to put the money in too make up the difference. Normally I do not say much, but it does drive me nuts. When the PO changed the rules a few years ago it was not explained very well. But if you send using a bubble mailer it should be the "Package Rate".

So while you may get lucky and not get charged the full price, the trader on the other end may have to pay for it. That's not right. I also sell on other sites along with trading here. Now when I ship and the post office worker wants to charge me a lower rate I stop them and get the correct amount of postage. It is just the right thing to do. Plus it keeps my feedback and refunds where I want them to be. 100% feedback and $0 refunds.

Good luck,

Shawn