Paypal Shipping Label On Undeliverable Package

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
I sold a couple of cards to a buyer and mailed the package using Paypal's Shipping Service. It was shipped with insurance because of the amount. A week or so after the package is mailed, the buyer emails me to let me know it hasn't arrived yet. So I check the tracking info. It says notice left and looks like it is being sent back to me. Sure enough it arrives today. It was marked as undeliverable, unable to forward etc..

I spoke witht he guy and he said it was an old address but everything should have been forwarded to his new address but this package wasn't for some reason. Is there a way to reprint another label at no charge or do I have to pay for shipping and insurance on the package again? I know you can reprint the original label within 48 hours, but that time has long passed. Not to mention it went through the postal system so...

Thanks
Craig

otgoal

5.00 star(s)
I don't think there's any way to reprint the label at no charge. As you stated, it went through, and it was returned after attempting delivery.
When you mail a letter with a stamp and it gets returned, the stamp is cancelled.
Once delivery is attempted the postage is used.

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
Thats what I was afraid of. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something on the site I was missing. I guess I'll just eat the cost. The guys has been a good customer.

Thanks!
Craig

gwynn_fan

5.00 star(s)
If there is still a forwarding on file...take the package to your local post office...tell then that there is a legitimate forward on file and the package should have been forwarded. They should send the package to the old post office for them to correctly forward it.
This is the result of not replacing post employees when they retire. And, it is getting worse.

Loyalty32

5.00 star(s)
If there is still a forwarding on file...take the package to your local post office...tell then that there is a legitimate forward on file and the package should have been forwarded. They should send the package to the old post office for them to correctly forward it.
This is the result of not replacing post employees when they retire. And, it is getting worse.

Hmmm.... Great point! I think I will try that first!

Thanks
Craig