Pick 20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sirthomas

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'm reorganizing a lot of my stuff and figured I'd put together a box of Top 20 current/recently retired players and a box of Hall of Famers for my trade stuff and another box for set fillers/team lots. Who would you rank for top 20 (no rookies)? I'm looking for popularity, talent, and future HOF potential. It just helps to have a

I'm starting with
Trout
Harper
Jeter (Counting him since he's not HOF yet)
Posey
Goldschmidt
Ortiz
Stanton
Kershaw
McCutchen
Miguel Cabrera

I know card collectors constantly go for the latest "hot thing" but I cannot imagine a top 20 list like this not having Pujols and Ichiro on it given their massive career accomplishments.

I know card collectors constantly go for the latest "hot thing" but I cannot imagine a top 20 list like this not having Pujols and Ichiro on it given their massive career accomplishments.

My list currently has 15 on it Pujols and Ichiro are on that one since I think both are nearly locks for HOF even if Albert hasn't had the best couple of years.

Top rookies.....Bellinger, Judge.

I was avoiding rookies because they are too streaky for hotness. For example Corey Seager had a great year this year statistically but his demand is way down from last year. Plus this is my inserts/parallels trade stock not the rookie box(es) so I wouldn't have anything to put in yet

For recently retired, how about Chipper, he's a lock for the HOF and one of the top 5 3B ever...

For recently retired, how about Chipper, he's a lock for the HOF and one of the top 5 3B ever...

IMO Recently retired locks for HOF
Chipper
Jeter
Ortiz
Rivera
Thome

Borderline but I think should be in
Halladay
Helton

Probably won't get in because of scandals
Arod

These guys look definite

Trout
Harper
Jeter (Counting him since he's not HOF yet)
Posey
Goldschmidt
Ortiz
Stanton
Kershaw
McCutchen
Miguel Cabrera
Bryant
Correra
Altuve
Lindor
Chipper (I think he gets in the Hall next year)
Pujols
Ichiro

I think final 4 come down to Arenado, Betts, Blackmon, Braun, Bumgarner, Cespedes, Machado, Rizzo, Votto, Wright When Chipper and others make the Hall I'll look at Bellinger, Judge, Mancini, Moncada, Seager & the Turners (Trea & Justin) to see how they have done too.

Does anybody disagree with any of the names?