Picked up a rare Jordan Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbinge

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago...it's not one you will see everyday...rumor is only 15 were made and given to UD Diamond Club Members on a factory tour once...the UD rep told them it was never released and only 15 were made...or so that's the story anyway...just thought I would share as I know there are a few Jordan collectors here.

Going to send it off to Beckett for grading/slab this week.

2006 Upper Deck Finals #MJ1 Michael Jordan AU Item has no pricing.

JordanAuto-1.jpg

JordanAutoBack.jpg

Must have cost a small fortune! Best regards, David

$400...but I think it is well worth that...would have paid $500 for it...guy was asking $600 and I offered $400 and he went with it...was happy to get it. Hope it grades out well...card looks mint to me and the edges and corners look awesome.

That is a very nice card, congrats on the great pickup! Can I ask why you would want it graded though? If there were only 15 made, I wouldn't think getting it graded would do that much for the sale price considering the cost to have it graded.

WOW. Never seen that one before. I thought I had drooled over every MJ auto I couldnt afford on Ebay.

That is a very nice card, congrats on the great pickup! Can I ask why you would want it graded though? If there were only 15 made, I wouldn't think getting it graded would do that much for the sale price considering the cost to have it graded.

I'm getting all my long term keepers slabbed...getting a collection together for my kids basically and the higher end stuff I want to get graded and slabbed....this one the grade doesn't really matter much to me, but I think it will grade out at least a 9 and hoping for a 9.5...the auto should be a 10 easy.
I have autos of Dr. J, Bird, Jerry West...etc...etc..etc...that I'm going to get all of them graded for them as well....just figure it will be a nice collection for them and something to leave behind once I'm gone that maybe they can pass on to their kids...i dunno...just think it's a cool thing to do...I think the card is worth whatever its worth regardless of slabbed or not, you just don't see these out there...if it lucks up and gets a 9.5 or 10 thats great...if not and it gets an 8 well thats fine also...it is what it is and you can always crack the case if you don't like the grade lol.

The card has a lot of gold on it, and it's very holo-foil looking stuff so it doesn't scan well at all...it looks amazing in person...very nice card.

Last edited:
Never trust a card company about print runs ;)

Awesome purchases! Congrats

thus the "that's the story anyways" part of the story...lol...they have Jordan's priced that have print runs of 25...this one has no price and I've never seen another one...I'm sure there are more out there, but I have not seen very many and I've been looking for a Jordan Auto for about 4 years now...going to get another one that's on card and then I'll be done with them...just couldn't resist this one.