Please delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't look to add too much salary...you have some big arbtiration raises this offseason, and are not losing much in terms of contracts falling off after the season. If the owner decides to keep your budget as-is, you will want some breathing room to fill the holes you will have.

I agree with Cory, don't look at the $10m influx he provied this last sim as mad money, you don't know how many ways this game could limit your financial situation. I have a sense in looking at the draft pool and the expected signing bonuses that some people are going to be surprised how expensive this aspect will be, even those players that don't put a number are asking for a slotted amount.

James and Cory are right.

AS far as the Financial aspect of the Draft picks, we SHOULD have it properly set up so those guys go to the minors without crazy financial compensation. We wont know 100% for sure until the draft is over, But the way we have tried to set it up is the same as the original BSL where draft picks Are assigned to minors at minor league contract with 0 PRo service. Remember that your draft picks will not be able to be traded until they have 1 year of pro service under their belts.

James and Cory are right.

AS far as the Financial aspect of the Draft picks, we SHOULD have it properly set up so those guys go to the minors without crazy financial compensation. We wont know 100% for sure until the draft is over, But the way we have tried to set it up is the same as the original BSL where draft picks Are assigned to minors at minor league contract with 0 PRo service. Remember that your draft picks will not be able to be traded until they have 1 year of pro service under their belts.

If you go to the Contract & Status portion of the profile for each draft pick it will give a amount or "slot" for the amount it takes to sign the prospect, this is irrespective of having a zero yearly contract. If this isn't clear to people going in, they need to know that just like in real baseball, they may have to let a prospect slide past him if his expectations are too great. In real baseball you get a compensation pick for the next draft if the player doesn't sign, but it does require a qualifying offer to be rejected first.

One question I have then is, if I draft a player and he wants $5 million, do I have to sign him immediately? I have alot of money players falling off my payroll at the end of the year that I am not going to resign.

Todd

The "Advanced Draftee signing(signing bonus negotiations)" are turned off so regardless of what the financial page says that shouldn't come into play?

One question I have then is, if I draft a player and he wants $5 million, do I have to sign him immediately? I have alot of money players falling off my payroll at the end of the year that I am not going to resign.

Todd

Trying to figure out the answer to this, The way we have it set up, Signing bonuses should not have to be paid, However, with new software, we do not have a 100% answer to this queestion yet.

The "Advanced Draftee signing(signing bonus negotiations)" are turned off so regardless of what the financial page says that shouldn't come into play?

If that is correct, it does change my strategy. Though I was under the impression only those with amounts listed were asking for bonuses. So I will have to go back and check. I'll have to develope two plans, one for bonuses and one for a draft that don't include the bonuses.

---Frank

Frank, I will try and get an official answer before we hit the draft. IF we end up having to pay the signing bonuses regardless, we will have abigger financial mess that what we already have.

After reading the manual, it appears that "enabling draftee negotiations" allows you to negotiate the number. AS we have it currently "disabled" the software will auto sign those players at the listed demand.

From what I am reading it does not seem possible to fully "shut off" those demands.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/doc..._year_player_drafts#advanced_draftee_signings

So if that is the way it needs to be, we should actually "enable" the negotiation option, so teams can try and get those dudes signed for less.

Although it does appear that I will be able to edit the "Slot bonus baseline" and readjust the demands of other players, as I believe the default slot bonus baseline is 1.5 Million.

Last edited:
After reading the manual, it appears that "enabling draftee negotiations" allows you to negotiate the number. AS we have it currently "disabled" the software will auto sign those players at the listed demand.

From what I am reading it does not seem possible to fully "shut off" those demands.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/doc..._year_player_drafts#advanced_draftee_signings

So if that is the way it needs to be, we should actually "enable" the negotiation option, so teams can try and get those dudes signed for less.

Let me test a few things first

Status
Not open for further replies.