Possible fake patch on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reickholt

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I am not accusing anyone of actually faking (making ) this patch, but I feel that I am a pretty good judge of the 2005 Zenith product, collecting the patches and autos for almost 20 years.
My question about this patch would be that all of the "prime" gu or patches are low serial numbered. Also looking carefully at the right side of the patch the cut seems like it may not be square.

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:
If it is the same one I am looking at on eBay. Seems to be a Canadian seller since bid price is also Canadian and the write up says 191/250. I don't know where to find where the SN is so couldn't find it.

Its pretty well ding on edges of the back of the card....first thought was it might be fake...but I saw a Maddux Patch that was serial to 150....and the serie number was on the back of the card near the top right corner and it was hard to see on the Maddux card. There's another Pujols patch serial to 250 and the number is clearly shown on the back....top right corner. Best regards, David

Last edited:
If it is the same one I am looking at on eBay. Seems to be a Canadian seller since bid price is also Canadian and the write up says 191/250. I don't know where to find where the SN is so couldn't find it.
Top Right on the rear. Hard to tell from the lighting

You can tell this one is a bogus patch from the lifting on the left, and considering they made Z-Patches in this product where they were numbered much lower.

Here is what I am basing my assumption on. Here are the patches that I have from the Spellbound set.

Spellbound Prime #S-16 "B" Albert Pujols #'d 02/10 ( red and black patch with white stitching )
Spellbound Prime #S-17 "E" Albert Pujols LAUNDRY TAG #'d 10/10 ( white tag with stitching on the right and the letters "tion" in silver inside a red stitched box)
Spellbound Prime #S-19 "T" Albert Pujols #'s 10/10 (red and black patch on white jersey)
Spellbound Prime #S-7 "G" Roger Clemens #'d 04/25 (LAUNDRY TAG , last half of the "Majes" in blue with red stitching on white tag)
Spellbound Prime #S-1 "G" Greg Maddux #'d 07/10 ( Part of "CUB" logo blue and white patch on white jersey with blue stripe)

So there are /250 Spellbound Jersey cards of Pujols on Beckett. They book for $15 a pop. They aren't Spellbound Jersey Prime, just Spellbound Jersey.

Yeah, ended because they probably knew they were full of it and were going to get in trouble. The /250 cards are not patches for sure, just standard jersey swatches. I don’t remember the listing saying it was a prime but who cares. Bad people. It kind of looked like once of those terrible Jersey Fusion cards to me where the memorabilia is glued to the case or on top of the card or whatever and not actually embedded in it.

Taken from BaseballCardpedia.com

Prime​

2-4169-95e4-e96c5836e3c9&size=original&side=front&.jpg e2-4169-95e4-e96c5836e3c9&size=original&side=back&.jpg

• 1 Greg Maddux G 10
  • 2 Greg Maddux R 10
  • 3 Greg Maddux E 10
  • 4 Greg Maddux G 10
  • 5 Roger Clemens R 25
  • 6 Roger Clemens O 25
  • 7 Roger Clemens G 25
  • 8 Roger Clemens E 25
  • 9 Roger Clemens R 25
  • 14 Albert Pujols A 10
  • 15 Albert Pujols L 10
  • 16 Albert Pujols B 10