Post a pic of random sports or non-sport memorabilia you own thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

How 'bout something a bit controversial today?? Found this in my Grandma's library of books, she didn't know what it was. Said she just got it at an estate sale because it's in German. Yes, I'm part German, but also alot of English... Well, I looked into it and this is a first edition printed in 1934. The 1941 stamp may have been added after the war. It's by ******'s personal press officer, which means he was with ****** ALL THE TIME. It's about ******'s rise to Chancellor from the late 20's in beer halls to massive rallies before he was elected in '33.
Do not be confused... I do not condone ANY **** propaganda and it's not like this will be placed on my mantle. It's a piece of history, and that's how I see it, nothing else. ******'s is one of the most interesting stories of all-time and learning how he became so powerful should be a reminder that there are people out there with the passion and will power to change the world for the worse and if we DON'T remember that, we will pay an ultimate price again as human beings.
"With ****** on the Road to Power"
View attachment 98670
True **** $#!t
View attachment 98671
Copyright 1934
View attachment 98672
I'm somewhat shocked to see his name suppressed. Quite a curious item.

Ya, you rarely hear about how he became Chancellor. I've watched plenty of documentaries on it, but always thought he spent his time in Berlin. Apparently he had a crazy schedule flying all over Germany.
Oh, and I had a brain fart... '41 wasn't the end of the war, '45 was. So that stamp was put there during WWII. Crazy.

Here's a Phillies ticket stub for July 29, 1976. The Phillies beat the Cubs 3-2 in 11 innings. But what is a modern oddity, both starters, Steve Carlton for the Phillies and Rick Reuschel for the Cubs, both pitched 10 innings! Phillies won on a Tim McCarver walk-off single!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHI/PHI197607290.shtml

View attachment 98684View attachment 98685i
Rick Reuschel was a pretty good pitcher. Over 200 W, over 2000 K, 3 time AS, 2 time GG and 12 years with more than 200 IP. No pitchers in today's game will come close to matching that.

Here's a Phillies ticket stub for August 13, 1983 - The Phillies Centennial Year! The Phillies lost to the Cardinals 6-2. There were 5 Hall of Famers playing in this game (Ozzie Smith, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan, Pete Rose, and Mike Schmidt) but they combined for only 1 hit - a Pete Rose single in the 4th. Bruce Sutter, a 6th Hall of Famer, pitched a hitless final two innings for the Cardinals.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHI/PHI198308130.shtml

IMG_2472.jpgIMG_2473.jpg

Here's a Phillies ticket stub for August 13, 1983 - The Phillies Centennial Year! The Phillies lost to the Cardinals 6-2. There were 5 Hall of Famers playing in this game (Ozzie Smith, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan, Pete Rose, and Mike Schmidt) but they combined for only 1 hit - a Pete Rose single in the 4th. Bruce Sutter, a 6th Hall of Famer, pitched a hitless final two innings for the Cardinals.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHI/PHI198308130.shtml

View attachment 98725View attachment 98726
That's cool u have all ur ticket stubs. Wish I had all mine, especially the one that my Dad and I happened to go to one year... we were at the game Kenny Roger's thew his perfect game. U talk about wild!