postal service

majdic2136

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I've noticed that when I am here at school the postal service takes a lot longer not only to send items out but for me to receive them. When I am at home, it seems that I get them and they get sent with a "normal" amount of time. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced or noticed anything like this before? Also to everyone who has traded with me...I have sent when I said I did, it's just a matter of the Lock haven postal service being slow I guess because even when my mom tells me she sent me a card I don't get it for about a week later.

JamesNevans

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Some places are a lot closer to the "hubs" where packages are sent to for more efficient distribution. Where I live mail gets to the West Sacramento hub and then to a major city destination hub rather quickly, but if the ultimate destination route is a few stops away from there by truck it could slow down. You may be in a similar situation in reverse where it's a couple of truck deliveries away from a hub now that you are in a college town.

CYmarlins

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
the post office that i sent out my mail is amazing. first class mail always gets there within 3 days and no more than 5 days maximum.

though when i send them by stamps it varies lol

lately its been frustrating though, because its taken me weeks to receive a couple autograph cards.

dbarbos1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
the post office that i sent out my mail is amazing. first class mail always gets there within 3 days and no more than 5 days maximum.

though when i send them by stamps it varies lol

lately its been frustrating though, because its taken me weeks to receive a couple autograph cards.

Me too, I agree completely. I guess that the slowness created by the holiday shipping rush has came early this year.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Mail does seem a little now days....but if theres less mail because of email, cell phones and computers....why is it always so slow around the holidays? Best regards, David