Pride and Prejdice and Zombies!

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Saw the above movie today....I was surprised that it was funny and the actors were very good!! Best regards, David

DaClyde

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Once the first 10 minutes were past, during which the movie felt the need to bludgeon the audience about the head and shoulders with the word 'zombie', it got a lot better. I swear, every other line must have had the word zombie in it. It felt like some stupid studio executive decision as it didn't really flow with the rest of the film. I mean, do they really need to keep saying 'zombie' over and over after we've just seen the title "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" plastered across the screen? I think we get it that there are zombies. Maybe it's all these years of the word never being uttered on The Walking Dead that has me overly sensitive to hearing the word in a zombie movie.

Once Matt Smith turned up as Parson Collins, everything got better. He really stole the show with his version of the clueless Collins. For those who have read the book, this was not no much an adaptation as an "inspired by" situation. The book was about 80% original Jane Austen with bits added. The movie was more like 40-50% Jane Austen with a lot more of the zombie story fleshed out as it were. Though I was disappointed that they left out Lady de Bourgh's ninjas.

Again, if you can get past the opening sequence, the movie got a lot better. I'm really hoping for a director's cut where all that opening material is dropped.